Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rearsets for short legs 17+  (Read 406 times)

Offline sbergman

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Linkoping
Rearsets for short legs 17+
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:26:14 AM »
Hi,
I'm 5'7 looking for some rearsets for my s1000r 2017 since I can't reach the stomp grip on the tank and I feel that I'm positioned really weird on the bike.
I'll take it to the track so I'll need some new rearsets that provide good adjustability upwards but I don't want to spend a fortune.

However I don't know if I want to move the pegs up and back or up and forward which will determine which ones to get (AP seems to provide more adjustment).
I want the AP but the cost is really high especially with taxes in Sweden, the diff ends up to be 300EUR compared to PP Tuning.
Another option is variable foot pegs which I could get cheap for 200EUR.
Other ones out there with short legs that have tested other rear sets or variable foot pegs?
Do you end up moving up/forward or up/back?

Online JaseG

• S1000R Pro
  • Its not about going fast, but about having fun.
  • Bike: '17 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Hedon
Re: Rearsets for short legs 17+
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:18:53 AM »
I am 5'6" with an inseam of 27" and seem to fit the ergonomics of the bike just fine; well except for putting my feet down.

You must have REALLY short legs to not grip the tank.

Good luck with your search.

Kawasaki Z1000SX Tourer (Blue / Black) MY16
BMW S1000R Sport (Red / Black) MY17
BMW M4 (F83) CP

Offline sbergman

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Linkoping
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:43:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by JaseG [+]
I am 5'6" with an inseam of 27" and seem to fit the ergonomics of the bike just fine; well except for putting my feet down.

You must have REALLY short legs to not grip the tank.

Good luck with your search.

I can reach the tank fairing but not the tank itself (I have no stomp grip on the fairings).
Strange that you can reach it. Putting my feet down is not an issue for me.
Yeah, guess I have short legs, must measure my inseam.
I've had a zx10r 05, street triple 08 and have just ridden 19 Ducati supersport and panigale v4 S all without experiencing this issue.

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »
I have an average inseam, and my knees do not reach the tank when I am just sittin gon the bike, but they do get there when I slide over and 'hang-off' a little.

I also bought some Stompgrip strips and put those on the side panels.

I also have AP rear-sets on my 14 R, hit up TJ at riders discount to see what sort of deal you can get!
https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/riders-discount/238800-attack-performance-rearsets-bmw-s-1000-rr.html

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor