Author Topic: Seat cowl or passenger seat on 21  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Georamage

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
Seat cowl or passenger seat on 21
on: June 12, 2021, 07:40:39 AM
Just some information for future 21 buyers the bike comes as standard with a seat cowl you can tick the box to add the passenger pegs and rear seat at a no cost option personally I wonít have a pillion so thought about option with seat cowl but itís not just about that if you wanted to strap a tail pack without seat itís impossible so I took the passenger kit and bought the cowl separately which was about £75 but hereís the thing to add passenger kit later itís roughly about £336 no brainier for me.
                     George r
Ps if you remove pegs mind get some plastic plugs to fill holes

Offline judewalsh1

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: BMW s1000r 19
  • City / Town: Lebanon
Re: Seat cowl or passenger seat on 21
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 04:34:42 AM
I negotiated in the cover with my purchase. First I asked for the initial service to be covered by them and was denied, so then I asked for them to supply this cover and he he agreed. If he had denied this I would've gone for the free t-shirt. I've generally been able to ask and receive the free service with past purchases, but this was the first one coming to the store, wasn't even delivered and there were several other parties interested. Glad I asked though, as it looks great with the cover but the seat and passenger pegs are necessary for not just passenger but also, as you noted, for strapping luggage. Still haven't found a way to strap a bag on the pillion in a way that I consider safe but also won't damage the paint and/or plastics.

Offline Joe85

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 09:08:48 AM
*Originally Posted by Georamage [+]
Just some information for future 21 buyers the bike comes as standard with a seat cowl you can tick the box to add the passenger pegs and rear seat at a no cost option personally I wonít have a pillion so thought about option with seat cowl but itís not just about that if you wanted to strap a tail pack without seat itís impossible so I took the passenger kit and bought the cowl separately which was about £75 but hereís the thing to add passenger kit later itís roughly about £336 no brainier for me.
                     George r
Ps if you remove pegs mind get some plastic plugs to fill holes

Yeh, wish i'd have considered this, actually. Good thinking. Unfortunately i already have the seat cowl and will not be coughing up for pegs and a seat i'll never use, although the inability to strap luggage to the rear is irritating, granted.

Offline Oops

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: Skye
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 05:44:06 PM
Get the hepco becker sport rack from the s1000rr. It replaces the seat cover for rear luggage carrying.

Offline Matty71

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Bham
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:52:03 PM
I was told by hepco that the s1000rr sport rack will not fit the R, they emailed me back last week and said the R one will be released September time 👍🏻

Offline Oops

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: Skye
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 10:00:38 PM
Yeah and I've a set of the rr panniers on my r for a few weeks now. It's the same back end.

Offline Growler

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000R
  • City / Town: Salisbury
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 06:59:40 AM
Wish I had read your post before I bought @Georamage as I similarly bought without a pillion seat and have been trying to work out how to get a kriega tail bag on my seat cowl  :087: I am thinking the Hepco sport rack particularly also so I can carry a chain when needed without ruining the paintwork. For easy swapping out it would be good to not cannibalise the cowl and so I am guessing would just have to buy another cowl to get the fittings? I will probably wait until Sept for Hepco to produce one they say will fit but interesting point from you @Oops as I thought they were the same too. Thanks all.

Offline Georamage

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 07:41:13 AM

If itís just for a chain the givi tanklock system might be suitable for you the givi bf22 ring fits Iíve got the metro tank bag which was £62 itís small but perfect for spare gloves etc the ring was £16 ish.
             George r

Offline Growler

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000R
  • City / Town: Salisbury
Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 01:39:29 PM
Thanks, George, I put one of those on.  :821:
I will need a tail bag at some point but at least I don't have to put a disklock/chain in my rucksack (which would be a big no no for me).

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 08:48:43 AM
*Originally Posted by Matty71 [+]
I was told by hepco that the s1000rr sport rack will not fit the R, they emailed me back last week and said the R one will be released September time 👍🏻

Just on this, does anyone know if the current RR (gen 4) pillion seat fits the new (Gen 3) R ?

sociology-monitor