Author Topic: FINALLY - New Bike Arrives - Tips on things to Get/Setup straight away  (Read 347 times)

Offline jaykay2000

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: London
Hi All,

Finally my S1000R arrives not sure why it seems to be a few weeks behind others - NVM

Weather looks good this wkend.

I am obviously going to be deep in learning the Menu the who of Friday but just wanted to get peoples top tips of setting the bike up and any must have accessories - got a Radiator Guard on order from R&G.

:152:

Offline Oops

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: Skye
When on the main menu screen, up menu 12 times to get the fuel remaining - it's the one after tyre pressure if you've got it fitted.
It appears, reading some comments on here, that in Rain, Road and Dynamic the exhaust is limited to 85db due to noise restrictions in some countries.
Menu - Settings - Vehicle Settings - Enable Dynamic PRO - Adjust Dynamic pro to match you requirements. This should open the exhaust valve (yet to test here, weathers been foul) To can change ride modes on the fly by selecting on the right hand button and then holding the clutch for a couple of seconds.
Tyre pressures from the factory are hilarious. I'm 36 front and 38 rear if I recall and it's feels fine.
Delete the connection between you phone and your intercom. Pair your phone to the bike. Pair your headset to the bike. Without the headset you'll have navigation but no music or phone.
Download the app for your phone. If you set favorites in the phone app for destinations, then you can use the TFT to navigate to these

Offline jaykay2000

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: London
Opps - thank you

I was wondering about the phone/headset connectivity

Favorites a top idea too

On the Dynamic Pro........is the exhaust valve open no matter what set up you choose for that mode?

Offline Oops

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: Skye
Exhaust valve, dunno yet. I've set up Dynamic Pro to basically be Dynamic on the settings page so will have a play. I'm wondering if the adjustable engine braking is the exhaust valve closing like a jake brake on a truck.

Offline Joe85

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Kent
*Originally Posted by jaykay2000 [+]
Opps - thank you

Favorites a top idea too

On the Dynamic Pro........is the exhaust valve open no matter what set up you choose for that mode?

I think so. I adjusted my DP parameters to match dynamic (for the run in period) it pops and bangs as good as ever.

Offline ED30GTI

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: North notts
*Originally Posted by jaykay2000 [+]
Opps - thank you

Favorites a top idea too

The flap is closed in all modes till about 6000rpm , it then opens after that ,, the pops and bangs are nothing todo with the flap ,, they are acoustic pops built into the map in dynamic pro