Author Topic: awaiting my new bike  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Paulburks

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Berkshire
awaiting my new bike
on: May 16, 2021, 06:53:58 AM
Hi guys and girls,

New to the forum and new to the brand of bmw, past rides have been zx636r which i had for about 2yrs then took 2 yrs off riding  :112: god knows why, family life i guess  :084: then the dreaded biker bug hit me and i went out and got a ktm 690smcr which i have to say was alot of fun. i was a lone rider then a few friends made who all had more road friendly bikes which didnt really work with my ktm so decided to sell it and find my next bike, had a deposit down on the new aprilia rs660 but waiting times where not great then the youtube videos started getting me worried with the issues coming from the bikes, so yesterday i decided to put a deposit down on a new s1000r M sport, the test ride was fantastic even in the wet i couldnt believe how well the bike holds the road, like i said new to the brand so looking forward to getting to know the bike. Bonus is it arrives tomorrow and due to a cancelled order ive managed to get it :082: sorry to anyone been waiting for theres this isnt a brag just luck of a phone call.

Anyway i cant wait to get out and put some miles on her, off to wales in july for a lads bike trip so need to run it in before that {Easy lol}

Now to find parts to tidy her up, tail tidy is a must, engine protection, front screen, rear sets, lol never ending  :001:

Offline Spartacus

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 20 S1000R SPORT
  • City / Town: North Wilts
Re: awaiting my new bike
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:40:50 AM
Hello Paul and welcome to the forum from another newbie.

And, well done for jumping the queue for the new M. Sometimes you have to be in the right place at the right time.

A nice intro as well.  :028:

When I changed from my Zed to the S, a thought did flash through my mind regarding an Aprilia (1100 factory) but previous doubts and experiences with anything Italian made (beautiful as they look) made my mind up. Perhaps I was just unlucky.  :006:

When you get the new steed, put up a few piccies so the rest of us can drool with envy. Enjoy the new bike.   :002:

The oil/rad guards are a minimum must (evotech) along with a good screen.
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 07:44:18 AM by Spartacus

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 07:49:40 AM
I canít believe youíve managed to get one in a day! The press donít even ride them until Monday.

Please post some pictures once it arrives.

Offline Paulburks

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 08:13:16 AM
yeah cheers guys just very lucky, there is a dealer in Guildford but they didn't want to part with there one till later in the year, very much looking forward to seeing what the reviews say as they are putting it up against the gsx s1000 so be a interesting battle. I've always loved the RR but after riding a more upright position from the ktm i think the R was defiantly the right way to go. just need to find the extras now before it arrives. Bit gutted i couldn't order the extras packs at cost as its gonna cost a fortune now with the carbon bits and billet parts lol anyone work for bm that can help me out lol,

am i right in thinking the s1000rr rearsets will fit? the oem M sport adjustables?

Offline Scubaregs

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 10:24:14 AM
Paul, if you PM me I can put you in touch with a parts guy at a dealership that is active on Facebook and typically discounts around 10%.

I bought a seat cowl from him at that discount.

Offline jeff

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: bmw s1000r sport
  • City / Town: orpington
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 03:59:26 PM
welcome  you will love the new toy..

Offline Paulburks

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 05:36:37 AM

And its here!

Offline Georamage

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2021, 06:56:03 AM
Nice  :028:

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2021, 08:32:23 AM
That looks gorgeous in the M colour scheme, time to get it filthy!

Offline Spartacus

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 20 S1000R SPORT
  • City / Town: North Wilts
Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 08:32:40 AM
Very nice Paul.  Enjoy  :002:

Wonder if that nice looking front brake reservoir will fit the old model.   :084:

sociology-monitor