Author Topic: Hello  (Read 354 times)

Offline tubtruck

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Stockton On Tees
Hello
on: February 27, 2021, 01:49:09 AM
Just traded in my CB1000R for a 2015 S1000R sport with just 3200 miles on the clock.

I intend to service myself so looking at the GS911, I have also seen some LSL levers at a good price, are they any good ? I need adjustable ones as I have found the span to be too large for my hands as I am only 5'4", I don't tend to worry about seat height as I am quite happy to flat foot one side rather than mess around on tip toes, otherwise everything seems great with it.

Offline Scubaregs

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 10:19:24 AM
Welcome, just give me a second to be smug at 5'5.  :745:

I have Strada adjustable levers on my bike. The problem re the clutch lever is BMW in their wisdom has designed the switchgear in such a way that if the clutch lever is too close it activates the pass button when pulled in.

I rotated the lever slightly to prevent this. However even with aftermarket adjustable levers, the clutch span is still large. at least with the Spada anyway.

When fitting aftermarket levers, be aware of the 2 micro switches on the clutch side, BMW fucked my cruise when fitting mine as they bent one of the switches. After giving them 2 attempts to fix it, I finally did it myself after watching a youtube video.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:56:23 AM
One needs to be careful and precise when installing levers to avoid being the cruise micro switches.

Lots posts in the forum that mention this issue when changing levers.
Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:57:38 AM by windyrun

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: Montreal
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 01:46:54 PM
 :401: Can't speak to the LSL levers. I have the Gilles tooling. Good quality/fit and finish. Really like them. roller style adjusters. Personally, I would steer clear of internet knockoffs. As other have said, take care with the switches when doing the swap. Can lead to problems with the QS and CC.

sociology-monitor