Author Topic: Insurance 😬  (Read 4867 times)

Online Scubaregs

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
Re: Insurance 😬
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 09:30:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Airsafari87 [+]
To be fair, the guy i spoke to at Bemoto tried everything to bring their price down, but even then they were still more expensive by a couple of hundred quid than Bennetts were. I couldn't knock them for trying though.

Seems to be no rhyme or reason with insurers. It was cheaper for me to cancel the Carole Nash policy and move. Again they did try, but were still a good bit out. Bemoto were also getting very good reviews on the forums, so happy to try them.

You would think they would try and keep you when you change bike mid policy, but they don't seem to mind.

Offline Figgster

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Eastleigh
Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:38 PM
All sorted guys. MCE were an absolute nightmare, they made an error on my policy and couldn't get it sorted. They reel you in with cheap prices but the excess was £1725. Spent 2 hours on hold and ended up cancelling the whole thing.

Got a policy sorted with LV, cheaper than everyone else too. The new bike will be ready to ride as soon as it arrives tomorrow morning 🏍️

Offline w4yne

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R Sport 20
  • City / Town: Grimsby
Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 08:06:50 PM
My renewal with Bennett’s was well over £700.  Be Moto came in at £300 with extras and very low excess. MCE and MCN are the same call centre. It pays to check every year. 

Offline Figgster

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Eastleigh
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 08:19:12 PM
Be moto were very helpful but quoted £900, LV was £340. It was a no brainer. As Scubaregs said earlier, one may be cheapest for some and most expensive for others. Go figure 🤷‍♂️

sociology-monitor