Author Topic: Headlight stuck on full beam  (Read 678 times)

Offline Shaggy

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
Headlight stuck on full beam
on: December 10, 2020, 12:55:52 PM
Recently had the headlights on myĎ18 plate XR stick on full beam when I went to switch my daytime running light on and now they are like that permanently. I had the O/S headlight go out so I thought it was a bulb issue but it isnít. I swapped the bulb and they are both blazing away constantly. Everything else electrical is working fine apart from the DRL but Iím guessing that wonít operate if the lights are on full and no warning lights illuminated. I use this bike for work and now either have to disconnect the lights ( not happy with that idea) or not use it and turn down work. Has anyone else experienced this? Iíve searched but this particular problem seems unique to me.

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Headlight stuck on full beam
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:00:02 PM
Your clutch lever isnt catching it is it?

I adjusted my clutch lever position on my last bike (with standard levers) and it was just ever so slightly too low, and everytime I pulled the clutch in it would knock the high beams on.

Edit:
You have to turn DRL's on? Im guessing you've fitted some aftermarket spotlights have you??
Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:01:53 PM by Airsafari87

Offline Shaggy

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 01:06:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Airsafari87 [+]
Your clutch lever isnt catching it is it?

I adjusted my clutch lever position on my last bike (with standard levers) and it was just ever so slightly too low, and everytime I pulled the clutch in it would knock the high beams on.

Edit:
You have to turn DRL's on? Im guessing you've fitted some aftermarket spotlights have you??
Thanks for your reply but although I have changed the levers thatís not the problem. The lights are on full beam full time from the moment the ignition is switched on. I have no auxiliary lights just the standard set up. The daytime running light between the headlights is now inoperable but I imagine that is because full beam is on.

Offline Dicky-Art

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Ulverston
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 01:59:01 PM
Have you tried copious amounts of WD into the switch and operate it frantically?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • S1000R Pro
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:33:09 PM
Topic moved from the main board as it is not S1000R related.

Would probably be better to ask this question on our sister S1000XR forum  :028:

https://www.s1000xr.uk/

:821:

Offline wdb2021

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Bangkok
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 05:55:30 AM
Generally speaking, this is a symptom of a broken lamp, but it may also be that the wires are not connected tightly.

Offline Hamburg

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2014 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Oxford
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 07:41:58 AM
I would start with the obvious, and that but be the switch itself

sociology-monitor