Author Topic: Decided to buy the BrenTuning flash, happy so far  (Read 525 times)

Offline bayank

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 S1000r
  • City / Town: NJ
Decided to buy the BrenTuning flash, happy so far
on: December 02, 2020, 06:30:15 PM
Just wanted to share my experience with Brentuning Stage 3 flash on my 2018 S1000R. I decided to buy with the current holiday sale. All said and done my wallet is ~$900 lighter now. Ordered on Thursday, handheld arrived Friday, next day! (I'm in NJ btw). Read out the bike on Monday and emailed them the file, next day I received my tuned files. I got 2 tunes, 1 with pump 93 and full exhaust, to go with my Akra headers, and a 2nd tune pump 93 and slip-on only, if I ever decided to put the stock headers w/cat back on. I should note I am mostly a street rider and have yet to do a track day, but I really want to soon. Ran the last season on the stock tune with the full Akra system and I loved the sound, (its stupid loud), but the low end fueling was sh#t though. And this is primarily what I was seeking from BrenTuning to fix, to make this Street bike more streetable.

It's too cold to really ride much now, but I got some seat time today and I noticed the low end fueling is much improved, riding this bike in traffic will be much easier now, and engine is running much cooler. They richen the mixture for sure, I can smell the gas when I shut off the bike, like my old carbureted bike. I don't have any hard HP numbers to compare against, but the seat of my pants feel is holy sh#t we're hauling ass now! Quickshifter def feels fast and there is less downtime between up/downshifts. I'm too much of a bitch to try out the new rev limit, I don't need to go that fast for now on public roads. Overall, I'm super pleased with the result and BrenTuning's speed in fulfilling my order. I'm probably not your typical speed demon chasing HP, but for what I was looking for, BrenTuning seemed like the best fit. In the end, it was quite a bit of money I had to put down for something that should've come from the factory, but whats another $900 on a $20k bike, right? This hobby is not cheap anyways.
Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:30:45 PM by bayank

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Re: Decided to buy the BrenTuning flash, happy so far
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 04:45:59 PM
Glad you're happy with the outcome. Smelling fuel on shutdown is weird though...
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Decided to buy the BrenTuning flash, happy so far
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 09:05:27 PM
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
Glad you're happy with the outcome. Smelling fuel on shutdown is weird though...

Agreed. If everything has been set up correctly and tuned for your bike then you should not be smelling unburnt fuel like that.

I know mine with a custom ECU remap doesn't smell of fuel at any time.