Author Topic: TST industries tail light and the plate light....  (Read 650 times)

Offline Soldieringon

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 S1000R
  • City / Town: Hemet, CA
TST industries tail light and the plate light....
on: November 22, 2020, 01:07:35 AM
Question for everyone here...

I installed the TST industries tail light on my 2014 S1000r (using the harness that came with it) and I don't have anywhere to connect my license plate light.

Is there an adapter? Or do I use positap?

If I use positap, since I'm splicing into a larger harness and don't have a wire map, does anyone know which wires I cut into to connect the license plate light?

Offline Vahnatai

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: TST industries tail light and the plate light....
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 08:36:16 AM
Maybe TST should make a video on how to install it.

2016 S1000R
Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Tank Cover, Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Front Fender, Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Rizoma Elisse Mirrors, Wunderlich Mirror Extenders, Tecbike Cat Cover, SW-Motech Frame Sliders, R&G Axle Sliders, Wunderlich Touring Screen, Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On, Cox Racing Radiator/Oil Cooler Guards

Offline Soldieringon

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:26:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Vahnatai [+]
Maybe TST should make a video on how to install it.

You know, thanks for that actually. After a sh#t day with parts that didn't match up and two teenagers screaming all the time, I was frustrated. The bike came with a Rizoma tail tidy that had its own adapter. I looked at TSTs site and the parts looked kinda generic. I stopped there.

Thanks for showing me I should have been a hair more patient.
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:26:27 PM by Soldieringon

Online Scubaregs

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 02:49:09 PM
I can only find that tail tidy for the s1000rr on their site.

Offline Soldieringon

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 03:18:45 PM
*Originally Posted by Scubaregs [+]
I can only find that tail tidy for the s1000rr on their site.

I believe the whole back half of the bike is interchangeable between the r and the rr

But, to your point, I also didn't check the rr section.

Online Scubaregs

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 03:21:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Soldieringon [+]
I believe the whole back half of the bike is interchangeable between the r and the rr

But, to your point, I also didn't check the rr section.

They list the number plate light under the S1000R, but not the actual tail tidy which is very strange, if it fits.

Offline Hypo

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: unison
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 05:36:05 PM
the R and the RR share a LOT of things.  I actually called saddlemen seats and had a 30 minute conversation with one of the people there regarding seats and he said that "nobody has that documented here for us" which just means they didn't do any checking... so I sent him a microfiche website that compared part numbers between the two bikes and screenshot the similarities of the years. 

What I"ve learned so far for just the R, is there were major changes in 2017, but that for the most part it stays the same from 17-21...  and that the RR has very similar configurations until they made the big change, so when I go looking for aftermarket parts, I always check both under the R and the RR.

but with teenagers and motorcycles, having a second set of eyes or a forum full of peeps to help out REALLY does help.   :028:
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount up to and including their life.

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 09:05:55 PM
I use the Yoshimura tail tidy. It requires a license frame to make it rigid. So I came up with a plate that fits behind the license plate and has a tab for the stock light. I did not like the LED that came with the kit. But this adapter plate could be used under your plate pictured, would not show and you can install the stock rear license lamp. When using this adapter plate with the Yoshimura kit you do not have to cut into your stock wire harness or add any wiring if you use your stock lamp.

sociology-monitor