Author Topic: Quick weekend ride chasing fall colors around Toronto  (Read 401 times)

Offline Light cYcLe

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Toronto
Quick weekend ride chasing fall colors around Toronto
on: October 28, 2020, 02:53:51 AM
Went for a ride over last weekend trying to catch last phase of fall colors, or what is left of them before all leaves finally shed. Plan was to ride for at least half day, but sudden rain cloud cover and my general underestimation of how cold it would end up turned it into a super cold ride with temperatures dropping to around 6 degrees Celsius. My last few weeks of riding for the year before I have to send her for winter storage!

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17íS1KR
  • City / Town: New England
Re: Quick weekend ride chasing fall colors around Toronto
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 11:43:17 AM
great looking pictures.  soon you will have to bust out the rake. :138:
17íS1KR

Offline Grumpy Goat

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Houston, TX
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 01:16:47 PM
Beautiful pictures, and in a major city to boot. No such luck in Houston, ever. The trees go from green or brown to scrawny and ugly (those that drop their leaves). Its the type of trees here in the South. I do miss my Canadian Fall ... favourite season of the year.

At least there is no heavy raking just leaf blowing, and we can ride through the winter ...
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2014 BMW S1000R

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 04:04:18 PM
Riding through the winter is a big plus

Offline Grumpy Goat

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Houston, TX
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 05:04:49 PM
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
Riding through the winter is a big plus

Sadly, I will admit I would trade the fall colors for that. I commute on my bike also, so winter rideability is a plus.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2014 BMW S1000R

Offline Light cYcLe

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Toronto
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 05:47:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Grumpy Goat [+]
Beautiful pictures, and in a major city to boot. No such luck in Houston, ever. The trees go from green or brown to scrawny and ugly (those that drop their leaves). Its the type of trees here in the South. I do miss my Canadian Fall ... favourite season of the year.

At least there is no heavy raking just leaf blowing, and we can ride through the winter ...

Thanks bud! Yeah this year we got a nice & long fall spell. I actually missed riding through most good weekends unfortunately and last weekend was literally one of our last few good riding days. Yeah just a leaf blower is all you need and usually the city does a good job at keeping streets fairly clean and riding isn't usually a problem. Fall is indeed my favorite season as well here with winter in British Columbia or Alberta coming in at a close second place...

sociology-monitor