Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 492 times)

Offline Hypo

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: unison
First Impressions
on: October 18, 2020, 09:43:31 PM
ran the first tank and a half of gas through her and wanted to go over some first impressions.

***  I never test drove the s1000r, not ever.  SAT on them, yes, but never driven.  ***

The seat is a solid hard block of foamy clay that slowly takes form and tricked me into thinking I might be ok with it for about the first 30-45 minutes, but it finally solidified and made the case for the Sargent sitting in the trunk of my car. 

SO easy to turn, yet the turn radius is awful.  figure 8s in the parking lot are gonna require lean angle and power.

the first 600 miles not going over 7000rpm is going to be interesting, I can feel the power under there, this will be a test of patience.

where the hell do people put their EZPASS/ TOLL PASS device on this thing?  I'm thinking the tank fairing.  I can't remember where I had it on my FZ8.

I got some ROXrisers, not sure I'm gonna need them, but we'll see how things progress.

Mirrors are rock solid, see a lot of elbow, but gonna leave them for now. 

handlebars aren't too buzzy, but we'll see how things progress once I get into the twisties and higher RPMs.

I really don't like how long that license plate/turn signal frame sticks out there!!!!  wow.  I thought my wife's ducati had an eyesore. that 3d printed one is going on this week.

does anyone else think the rear brake pedal seems really small and tucked away?

those front turn signals REALLY stick out... probably as far as the rears do...  gonna go with something subtle out back for starters.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount up to and including their life.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Re: First Impressions
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:02 PM
Welcome to the world of 8 point turns lol

You get used to it ;)

Online miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
Re: First Impressions
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 02:54:04 AM
Don't worry about the rear brake pedal.  You don't generally need it.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

sociology-monitor