Author Topic: Suspension advice needed  (Read 677 times)

Offline George

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Bmwr1200r
  • City / Town: Sunderland
Re: Suspension advice needed
Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 11:02:50 AM
That's what mine felt like at the weekend. I feel your pain

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 11:41:31 AM
*Originally Posted by George [+]
That's what mine felt like at the weekend. I feel your pain

I'd forgotten how good it used to be to be honest.

I particularly notice it during high speed, 4th gear, hard on the gas corners. It just won't settle during them, and the back end it squating and bucking.

The recent increase in power and torque and the reduction in weight is likely contributing to it too, but predominantly it is down to the recalibration of the ECU.

Offline George

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Bmwr1200r
  • City / Town: Sunderland
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 08:11:28 PM
Well that was the best 50 I ever spent on a motorcycle. Took the advice of airsafari and went to weardale racing to have the suspension set up properly, he also set up all the controls handlebars levers and pegs. The bike feels much better. Really happy, airsafari even came along to show me where to go, really nice guy, thanks Mark

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 10:52:29 PM
*Originally Posted by George [+]
Well that was the best 50 I ever spent on a motorcycle. Took the advice of airsafari and went to weardale racing to have the suspension set up properly, he also set up all the controls handlebars levers and pegs. The bike feels much better. Really happy, airsafari even came along to show me where to go, really nice guy, thanks Mark

Good to meet you today and I'm really glad you're happy with the results. Just goes to show that all it takes is someone with good knowledge of this type of suspension is all thats needed.

Apologies for making you hang around for half an hour as well while I had that bloody puncture repaired!

Next ride out gonna be a one down to Lincolnshire to have the bike remapped as well? I'll gladly show you the way down there too.  :152: