Author Topic: SuperBrite LEDs - has anyone used them?  (Read 294 times)

Offline Hypo

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: unison
SuperBrite LEDs - has anyone used them?
on: September 27, 2020, 09:15:59 PM
https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/2019-bmw-s1000r?make=11&model=3196&year=2019

I've used them for almost all my bikes and cars, just wondered if anyone had run into issues with turn signals or headlights running LEDs on the R

cheers!

J
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount up to and including their life.

Offline Vahnatai

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Re: SuperBrite LEDs - has anyone used them?
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 06:25:53 AM
It's worth noting that in 99% of instances LEDs are going to be downgrades in terms of usable light in halogen housings.  This applies to cars/bikes with both projectors and reflector housings but will stand out more in the latter.

There are a small handful of exceptions and I've tried over half of them and none produced anywhere close to an acceptable beam.  Stick to halogens for the low beam for your S1000R. 
2016 S1000R
Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Tank Cover, Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Front Fender, Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Rizoma Elisse Mirrors, Wunderlich Mirror Extenders, Tecbike Cat Cover, SW-Motech Frame Sliders, R&G Axle Sliders, Wunderlich Touring Screen, Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On, Cox Racing Radiator/Oil Cooler Guards