Author Topic: The final stage of my modding journey?  (Read 6519 times)

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: The final stage of my modding journey?
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 09:17:52 PM
I picked the bike up late this afternoon and have just been out for a quick ride on it.

By christ it is phenomenal! ... I will do a more in depth write up later, but Crowe Performance have put a post up on their Facebook page if anyone wanted to look that up in the meantime.

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 07:12:15 PM
Dyno Scans

The printer did start to run out of ink towards the end of it's 100 or more pulls though!

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 09:15:39 PM
I knew it wouldn't be quite the end for this bike.

I was in the garage today fixing my Benelli that I crashed a month or so ago and looked over to my bike on its paddock stands, and at the cable tie at the bottom of the fork leg in particular.

Without giving it a second thought I had grabbed my phone and dropped a text to Mick Shanley to enquire about either reworking the current set up in some way, or going with a new cartridge kit and shock for it.

He's looking in to it now, so we will see what tomorrow brings.

And then it will be finished!!!
Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:16:51 PM by Airsafari87

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 10:44:42 AM
Thought you were happy with your set up.
Have read others have also thought about/are in the process of doing similar to their electronic suspension.

What improvements do you hope to gain by the changes?

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 12:03:28 PM
*Originally Posted by N.W.Den [+]
Thought you were happy with your set up.
Have read others have also thought about/are in the process of doing similar to their electronic suspension.

What improvements do you hope to gain by the changes?

On the whole I am. Now its set up as best as it can be it is good, and massive improvement on how they come from the dealership.

However.

Because it's improved the pace the bike can be ridden has also increased and I'm starting to find the limitations of the standard suspension, in particular front fork travel. I am finding that the forks are bottoming out, especially under hard braking on track. Ive made all the adjustments I can to mitigate it (including losing weight) but it's still doing it.

So, the move to alternative suspension is my next move.
The thing I'm currently looking at is going for a non DDC set up. I'm lucky that my ECU has been cracked and Crowey has full access to everything in it, so if the non DDC set up does throw up any errors these will be able to be dealt with by him.

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 08:50:26 AM
Quick update which might be of some use to anyone else considering a similar upgrade.

I received a response from K-Tech this morning and at present they do not offer suspension for 2017-2020 models, i would assume the same will be true for the new 2020 onwards model too.

Its not currently on their to do list, and they would require a bike to measure and fit once once they did move forward with developing a kit for them, but it would likely be later on this year. I have offered my bike to them so we will see what happens.