Author Topic: Vstream vs Bangood.  (Read 687 times)

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17íS1KR
  • City / Town: New England
Re: Vstream vs Bangood.
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 12:30:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Grumpy Goat [+]
Have you tried the BMW screen I show in my photo? Looks are subjective of course. I agree the the VStream windshield is great quality, but I think I prefer the BMW (looks and airflow) and if I get better throttle response because of better airflow then that even better.
the other red flag for the V stream was how it almost covers the ram air ducts so i didn't want to  chance it.  i may give the Beemer screen a shot down the road in the future.
17íS1KR

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 05:01:01 PM
The "ram" air intake on the R is not really a forced intake as most bikes like the RR. The intake is not connected to the frame/engine intake as a gap is required in order to turn the bars. This gap will cause a loss in intake pressure and ram effect and it is even possible that turbulence at the gap could even cause negative pressure. Not saying it does but certainly possible. In any event it is generally said that an optimum FIXED ram intake can increase HP by about 5h.p. but it only happens at over 100mph. It must be able to compress the air and to do this the air must reach 230mph in order to compress at normal air pressure the only way to do this is to narrow down the intake tunnel. With that gap all (if any to begin with) is lost.

In reality the single R does not have a ram intake, just a basic non-forced system. Bottom line the windscreen should make no difference even if completely covering the "intake" the one on the frame has more than enough clear area to feed the engine at redline.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17íS1KR
  • City / Town: New England
Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 05:32:08 PM
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
The "ram" air intake on the R is not really a forced intake as most bikes like the RR. The intake is not connected to the frame/engine intake as a gap is required in order to turn the bars. This gap will cause a loss in intake pressure and ram effect and it is even possible that turbulence at the gap could even cause negative pressure. Not saying it does but certainly possible. In any event it is generally said that an optimum FIXED ram intake can increase HP by about 5h.p. but it only happens at over 100mph. It must be able to compress the air and to do this the air must reach 230mph in order to compress at normal air pressure the only way to do this is to narrow down the intake tunnel. With that gap all (if any to begin with) is lost.

In reality the single R does not have a ram intake, just a basic non-forced system. Bottom line the windscreen should make no difference even if completely covering the "intake" the one on the frame has more than enough clear area to feed the engine at redline.
:062: i appreciate the quick class and i learned something new about our bikes.
17íS1KR

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 07:17:23 PM
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]

Thank you for this as I like learning. Also thank you for letting me know since I really like the look of my Vstream and dread the thought that I would need something else ;))

Offline onesaintsfan

• S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: McComb Mississip
Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
I must be crazy then.  Thanks
Damn a Motorcycle, if someone would buy this thing I'd take the bus home!
                                      Big Daddy

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 08:52:49 PM
I must be an old granny ;cos I am really happy with my horse power sapping V-Stream screen and was not going to change it.  :164:

sociology-monitor