Author Topic: Changing headers  (Read 640 times)

Offline Pimp Mustafa

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Woking
Changing headers
on: June 17, 2020, 04:02:14 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the S1000R and this board, so please bear with me  :002: I have a couple of question, first is, how easy is it to change the headers, I have just bought some Arrow headers for my newly acquired 2018 S1000R Sport. Also I have purchased a complete set of LED lights (2 headlight and 2 sidelights) from LEDPerf, how easy its it to fit them? I am not that mechanically minded but not a complete nube either. Should I just get my local BMW service centre to do the work?

Cheers

Philip

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Re: Changing headers
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 04:31:18 PM
Headers should not be too bad with a YouTube video or a Haynes manual. The LED's are priced like direct OEM Plug-n-Play replacements, but are generic common (not to BMW!) pin plugs. I got a very similar set for $15 from Gearbest, they include front white running lights and strobing rear brake lights (turn RED and flash a few times before going solid red, signal side remains amber and sequential). They have the same Pin leads, so it was cut-solder-heat shrink. However, on my '14 front signals the base is an oval larger than the round shaft on the signal with a screw through it. I made a plate out of aluminum, drilled a hole for the signal and painted it flat black, looks factory! A piece of Black plastic would be easier to work with if you have that laying around. With the extra functions of my signals they have a 3rd wire that needed to be addressed, also no problem.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 04:21:23 PM
Which can did you pair the headers with?

Any idea what the dB levels are like with the baffle in and baffle out?

I'm due to have a full Arrow system fitted this week along with a retune of the ecu, but I haven't been able to find out what the noise levels of the full system are.

Offline Pimp Mustafa

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Woking
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 07:12:02 AM
I have an Akrapovic Stainless set with an SP Engineering GP2 extreme. Without the baffle it is obnoxiously load, with the baffle in it is just very loud, I would be surprised if I were allowed on a track day with the baffle in.