Author Topic: My BMW s1000rr loose drive force?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
Re: My BMW s1000rr loose drive force?
Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 06:04:28 PM
One other thing I have seen that can cause limp mode is the electrical connector to the throttle is not snapped in all the way.
But I really have bad feelings with a free flow exhaust and not having the fuel map changed. You could easily be out of the range of the bike computer management. I would look around for a stock system, must be plenty out there since so many people change them. See how your bike runs when you bring it back to "normal".
I also agree that batteries are sources of trouble often. There may be an internal fracture, sulfation that limits capacity are a couple of things that are hard to find with out a good load test. Find a good brand of battery (no going cheap here) like Yuasa. They will be half the cost of a dealer battery.

Offline nonamesleft

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 07:04:26 PM
i had a similar problem with my S1000r when i used the comfort seat. turned out is was the wrong battery fitted to the bike. BMW changed if at the service for free (i only found it had been changed when i took the seat off 3 weeks later). but its been trouble free since  :001:

Offline besniku_@hotmail.com

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW S1000RR 2012
  • City / Town: Swed
Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 10:07:47 PM
 :460: *Solved*

Hello.
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has shown commitment to helpme with the problem with my motorcycle. 
In my case, the problem was the preinstalled exhaust system and the power commander installed in the mound.
After removing the exhaust system and reinstalling the original system, the problem has disappeared altogether, I'm so glad there was no other unknown fault in the engine

Thanks all  :152:

Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:20:50 PM by besniku_@hotmail.com

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 05:01:48 AM
Good job, I came in late but first thought was the bike running too lean. Every one trying for 4 more HP, that only gets used if you're at the end of the RPM scale. Money better spent on a pint if you don't know what you are doing.

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 08:19:34 PM
*Originally Posted by beech [+]
Good job, I came in late but first thought was the bike running too lean. Every one trying for 4 more HP, that only gets used if you're at the end of the RPM scale. Money better spent on a pint if you don't know what you are doing.
the previous owner installed the complete systems from Taylormade exhaust with Powercommander. 
With this message I hope to wake up a warning bell for this type of system specially on a BMW S1000RR, it is an exhaust system that does not work really well for BMW models. They are not cheap either, the previous owner tolld me that he payed over 2000 dollars for that, It's sad!

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 08:34:02 PM
*Originally Posted by besniku_@hotmail.com [+]
the previous owner installed the complete systems from Taylormade exhaust with Powercommander. 
With this message I hope to wake up a warning bell for this type of system specially on a BMW S1000RR, it is an exhaust system that does not work really well for BMW models. They are not cheap either, the previous owner tolld me that he payed over 2000 dollars for that, It's sad!

I did not realize that the exhaust you had was a Taylor Made!! it is all over the RR forums that these exhausts are really no good and generally result in pretty serious poser delivery losses! Glad you got it sorted now!.

• S1000R Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 09:23:42 PM
I had to learn through the hard way, in connection with the problem I had with my bike I started to read about a possible solution to my problem with my motorcycle, among other things in many forum discussions no good things were said about Taylor made system,  this made me decide to remove it completely and reinstall the original and with that the problem was solved for me.
Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:25:13 PM by besniku_@hotmail.com

Offline Enzio

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Pretoria
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 08:56:42 AM
On the GSX-R forums the Taylor Made exhausts have been getting a lot of negative feedback for years.
The general consensus is that they are over priced, poorly made and cause all kinds of issues due to no real development or testing.

They even had a good running joke about it when a rep from the company joined to try to improve the general opinion of the product....it did not end well  :008:
I got nothing.....

sociology-monitor