Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.  (Read 1831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jeff718

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Country: co
  • Bike: 19 S1000R
  • City / Town: Pereira
Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« on: May 22, 2020, 05:03:24 PM »
Like the title says. i would like to know your opinion on what is the best option for front suspension retaining the DDC option that is out there. I ride i a 2019 and will have some long rides with equipment on and lots of hard riding by my self weighting 220lbs - 99 kilos. Thanks for the input. (BTW yes i already have a new suspension on the way for the rear)

Offline Norkaw

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • Country: no
  • Bike: S1000R blue
  • City / Town: Stavanger
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
I am sure there are some guys in here that can explain this better, but here is my version.
I did the same thing as someone else on this forum allready had done before me, I bought an right fork from an S1000RR and replaced my S1000R right fork dummy. My suspension guru also upgraded all the inner components to make it as good as possible.
There are now more adjustment possibilities(which I dont use) and it works very well.
As you, I too had a new suspension in the back(Wilbers) and the two do not work together very well, but it is perfect in the normal position.
Between the two I am not sure if it is the fact that there is to much of a gap in the Wilbers( to soft in soft, good in norm and way to hard in hard), or it is to Little difference in the steps in the front fork.
I guess and I hope it is the Wilbers that is no good.

Offline Airsafari87

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 242
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »
Why retain the DDC?

If you're wanting the best suspension for lots of hard riding get a full set of Ohlins and have them set up specifically for you. They will be way better than any DDC set up.

Offline Jeff718

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Country: co
  • Bike: 19 S1000R
  • City / Town: Pereira
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Norkaw [+]
I am sure there are some guys in here that can explain this better, but here is my version.
I did the same thing as someone else on this forum allready had done before me, I bought an right fork from an S1000RR and replaced my S1000R right fork dummy. My suspension guru also upgraded all the inner components to make it as good as possible.
There are now more adjustment possibilities(which I dont use) and it works very well.
As you, I too had a new suspension in the back(Wilbers) and the two do not work together very well, but it is perfect in the normal position.
Between the two I am not sure if it is the fact that there is to much of a gap in the Wilbers( to soft in soft, good in norm and way to hard in hard), or it is to Little difference in the steps in the front fork.
I guess and I hope it is the Wilbers that is no good.

While doing my investigation on what suspension to get for the rear i learn that Wilbers does not change the internal valve which is one of the biggest issue with our suspension that is the reason i decided to go ahead with the Tractive dynamic suspension. I have to look more into your suggestion it does sound interesting. It would be like a hybrid lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:01:16 PM by Jeff718 »

Offline Norkaw

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • Country: no
  • Bike: S1000R blue
  • City / Town: Stavanger
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »
Looking foreward to hear your verdict about Tractive, because I think that I will try this for next season.

Offline windyrun

  • S1000R Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:09 PM »
Norcaw, you may want to check with Noggie, who I believe lives in Norway also, to see what suggestions he has. He did significant changes to the suspension on his s1000r when he owned one.  He is a member of the forum and has a youtube channel.

Offline Jeff718

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Country: co
  • Bike: 19 S1000R
  • City / Town: Pereira
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 09:46:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Norkaw [+]
Looking foreward to hear your verdict about Tractive, because I think that I will try this for next season.
If you talk to Ted at Beemershop he sells both products the wilbers rebuilt and the tractive he is very good about explaining each and can sell you any of them so it makes no difference to him. I need a front fix and then a good setup and i will sure make a nice post with some info from my point of view.

Offline Jeff718

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 43
  • Country: co
  • Bike: 19 S1000R
  • City / Town: Pereira
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
Norcaw, you may want to check with Noggie, who I believe lives in Norway also, to see what suggestions he has. He did significant changes to the suspension on his s1000r when he owned one.  He is a member of the forum and has a youtube channel.

He abandoned us after he got his ducati lol but anyways he did a wilbers rebuilt and then had mixed feedback which is the same that everyone says, too hard then too soft and good in the middle lol for the front he only did springs from what he talked about. And i am looking at something "more" in the front since i do like to brake late and and in my opinion a good suspension properly setup is priceless.   

Offline jrgross

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Tucson
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »
On the BeemerShop site Tractive has a replacement DDC fork cartridge and replacement right fork cartridge that is listed for the RR as a kit.  If the R forks are the same then this might be a good option to look into.  I would ask Ted if it will work or if he has another suggestion.

Offline Norkaw

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • Country: no
  • Bike: S1000R blue
  • City / Town: Stavanger
Re: Best Option for Front DDC that money can buy.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »
Before you do the right fork trick, you may have to think about this.
I have a feeling that it make the ddc a bit numb, because I do not feel so much difference between the modes anymore, this can be due to the fact that the rear shock has to much difference between the modes.
I will try to make a test in the future, but when you think about it, it makes seance, because the ddc only affect the left fork?

 


Recent Posts/Topics