Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kevlar Jeans.  (Read 4293 times)

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
Re: Kevlar Jeans.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by roscomare83 [+]
I have the Revit Lombard Cordura jeans. They are very comfortable and come with CE rated knee protectors. Due to the material, they provide significantly more abrasion resistance than a regular jeans. Everything is triple stiched and the pants feature RevIT's PWR knit protection. I live in southern CA and the jeans are comfortable up into the 90's. If it gets hotter than that, I go with a pair of regular pants and take the RevIT Airwave pants as an over.

Just googled them, says they are cordura and demim mix with kevlar, assume thats at impact points, plus armour, they look like jeans. What are they sized like, does the armour move about much and do they fit over boots ?
All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline roscomare83

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: CA
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »
No, the material is throughout the entire pants. The armor is very light, doesnt move about much. Its not very comfortable when standing coz it presses a little on your knee caps from below. They fit true to size, I'm 6'4 and I use the long version. They fit very well over my Revit Ginza boots

Offline rockdog32

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R,CB900
  • City / Town: Brisbane QLD.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 02:22:57 AM »
 I've got a 2 piece perforated leather suit.
Brilliant in the Aussie heat.

Offline inspirikus

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Utrecht
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
Kevlar jeans my 2cent...I admire to people who have guts to ride without gear or with kevlar jeans, i would never do that, it just when you have feeling that something is going to happend if you don't put full gear on yourself. This is just me i guess...

For me only leather suit single pc or dual pc...Full body armor including the belt and back protector...Missing only airbag suite :)

For people that have problem with leather and heat.
I would recommend to look in Macna Dry cooling west that use regular water and during ride watter will slowly evaporates and make your body cool.

0.5L of watter before ride...Tested this on very hot days 35C + with full black leather and with winter cover inside to see if it will manage to keep me cool.
And it work perfectly...Some people have other experience but as leather will not allow cold air to get out easy it will keep your core temperature of the body lower...this effect makes you feel cooler. If you ride to long you will start notice that cool effect is going lower...then is time to refill the water.

For anyone interested to check and get more info...
http://www.macna.com/products/accessories/dry-cooling-vest/

Offline pdk657

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r, SP1, ZRX
  • City / Town: Montrose
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »
Brought a pair of these E-Squad jeans to ride through Southern India and the Himalayas 4 plus years ago they are still in brilliant condition after using them daily, very expensive but IMHO the best there is at the moment...

http://www.esquad.fr/jeans_strong_deep_black.html

Recent Posts/Topics