Author Topic: Pro race exhaust  (Read 1881 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Silverside

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 15
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Larkhall
  • Country: scotland
Pro race exhaust
on: April 08, 2020, 03:35:16 PM
Fitted a pro race exhaust  and I love it but it's a bit loud , does anyone know if its possible to fit a baffle to it ?? Maybe one of those universal baffle jobs , thanks folks .


#1

Offline spider

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: 2018 1000R-SPORT
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 07:54:41 PM
Hello
you dont have any room to fit a baffle that would give any benefit or reduce the noise   
i know this company well https://www.pro-race.co.uk/ the gpr2 is a good box for your bike
the sound is amazing  and controllable take the mesh as well unless you are making popcorn only my opinion stay safe  :002:
https://www.pro-race.co.uk/#!/BMW-S1000-R-SPORT-2013-2016-GP-SLIP-ON-SHORTY-EXHAUST-STAINLESS-GP-R2/p/112682693/category=23990899

#2

Offline bnr54

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Bike: S1000R'16
  • City / Town: Moscow
  • Country: ru
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 06:46:37 PM
*Originally Posted by Silverside [+]
Fitted a pro race exhaust  and I love it but it's a bit loud , does anyone know if its possible to fit a baffle to it ?? Maybe one of those universal baffle jobs , thanks folks .


Wow! Hello, where did you bought it? On official site there is no info(

#3

Online Scubaregs

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:36 PM
Have these on my Zed and fitted aftermarket baffles from ebay, 48mm iirc. Not a great fit, but without doubt they reduced the noise level.

#4

Offline MASRKS1000R

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Bike: S1000R 2019
  • City / Town: Norfolk
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:40:30 AM
I'm actually surprised that it made much difference.

I thought the majority of the noise absorption was done by the cat which looks to be still fitted to your bike.

Mark.

#5

Online Scubaregs

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 12:29:32 PM
*Originally Posted by MASRKS1000R [+]
I'm actually surprised that it made much difference.

I thought the majority of the noise absorption was done by the cat which looks to be still fitted to your bike.

Mark.

Try running the bike with no exhaust, just the cat.  :016:

#6

Offline Airsafari87

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 383
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 12:38:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Scubaregs [+]
Try running the bike with no exhaust, just the cat.  :016:

I think that is your problem.

Its not volume, it will be the tone (noise) of the exhaust note.

Running the bike with no end can, and with the cat still in place will increase the volume slightly, but the tone (noise) it makes its god awful.
The design of those types of end cans just transmits that same unsilenced tone (noise)

An Akrapovic GP style end can for example, on one of these bikes with the cat still in place sounds lovely, it is a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so, however the tone (noise) it emits is a much more pleasing sound in general.

#7

Offline MASRKS1000R

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Bike: S1000R 2019
  • City / Town: Norfolk
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 01:07:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Airsafari87 [+]
I think that is your problem.

Its not volume, it will be the tone (noise) of the exhaust note.

Running the bike with no end can, and with the cat still in place will increase the volume slightly, but the tone (noise) it makes its god awful.
The design of those types of end cans just transmits that same unsilenced tone (noise)

An Akrapovic GP style end can for example, on one of these bikes with the cat still in place sounds lovely, it is a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so, however the tone (noise) it emits is a much more pleasing sound in general.


Exactly what I was thinking  :0461:. I did take my can off once just to see and it wasn't much louder but sounded horrible!

#8

Online Scubaregs

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Paisley
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 01:15:06 PM
My pro race were on a Zed 1000 sx.

Definitely quieter than just the cat, definitely quieter again with baffles in.

#9

Offline bnr54

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Bike: S1000R'16
  • City / Town: Moscow
  • Country: ru
Re: Pro race exhaust
Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 02:01:15 PM
So I ordered GP S1 Slash instead of my stock Akra.
I need little bit more volume in traffic jams. Not ready for SRR headers