Author Topic: Alpine Hearing Protection Motorcycle Earplugs  (Read 670 times)

Offline Motomachines

• Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R White
  • City / Town: Sterling, VA
Alpine Hearing Protection Motorcycle Earplugs
on: April 07, 2020, 05:22:14 PM
There are so many reasons you should ride with motorcycle earplugs. The main reasons being wind noise from a motorcycle helmet, a loud ass exhaust, and perhaps a reason for wanting selective hearing... which can all be expensive problems to have unless you have some quality and affordable earplugs such as well, Alpine Earplugs. Alpine Motosafe earplugs dampen the harmful sounds at a drastic rate. The volume is lowered to a safe level without a fully closed off feeling thanks to the special filters inside the plugs. You can still hear the traffic around you and remain focused on your motorcycle.

Check out the Alpine Hearing Protection here!

Which earplugs are right for me?
There are 3 different choices when it comes to motorcycle earplugs from Alpine Hearing Protection. Tour, Race, and Pro.
Tour - One set for tours and long distance travels on the highway (SNR 17) Medium attenuation
Race - One set for the race track or with an open helmet (SNR 20) Heavy attenuation
Pro - Two sets being one Tour and one Race (SNR17 / SNR20) Medium and Heavy attenuation
Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

Offline Kaos Theory

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '17 S1000R
  • City / Town: Dublin
Re: Alpine Hearing Protection Motorcycle Earplugs
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
I've used these for the last few years, excellent pieces of kit, much better than using foam or disposable ear plugs.

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 04:14:55 PM

*Originally Posted by Kaos Theory [+]
I've used these for the last few years, excellent pieces of kit, much better than using foam or disposable ear plugs.

Which one do you use?

I typically have earbuds plugged into my Sena which helps me block out some wind noise, and allows me to hear music/navigation. I started running a radar detector with external speakers which are super loud but I am still having trouble hearing my radar alerts at high speeds.

If you have a Bluetooth headset, do you have trouble hearing it?

Offline Kaos Theory

• S1000R Pro
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 03:25:08 PM
The Motosafe Pro I believe.

Had a Scala Rider Q3 up until it died recently, no problem hearing music normally but at motorway speeds it can get harder to hear, but still possible. Phone calls at anything above 40mph though was pointless.

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 04:33:00 PM
*Originally Posted by Kaos Theory [+]
The Motosafe Pro I believe.

Had a Scala Rider Q3 up until it died recently, no problem hearing music normally but at motorway speeds it can get harder to hear, but still possible. Phone calls at anything above 40mph though was pointless.

The Pro just includes the Tour and Race ear plugs. Do you know which one you were using?

Offline Kaos Theory

• S1000R Pro
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
*Originally Posted by SwiftTone [+]
The Pro just includes the Tour and Race ear plugs. Do you know which one you were using?
I don't unfortunately as I both them a while ago and threw out the packaging, bit they're the same as the one's written about here: https://motorbikewriter.com/alpine-earplugs-offer-riders-protection/

sociology-monitor