Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust flap delete???  (Read 215 times)

Offline RyanGforce

• S1000R Junior
  • Let's carve the canyons of cali!
  • Bike: 16SK1000R
  • City / Town: Ventura, CA
Exhaust flap delete???
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »
I would like to know if anyone has done a exhaust flapper delete/removal?  I'm purchasing a austin racing gpr slip on and from what I've read slip ons dont do much for sound.  I ride to work super early in the morning and dont like tickets from the POPO.   So I would like a mild sound improvement without getting my bike impounded or fist fighting my neighbors.  Cat delete seems to loud,  slip on seems not enough.  1extreme for another.  Thanks s1r brethren.
Carving Cali Canyons

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Exhaust flap delete???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
The people telling you that a slip on (on 2017+ bikes) doesn't increase the volume are talking rubbish.

I binned the standard dustbin sized Akra when I got my bike and fitted it with the Akra GP can. While it isnt fully on chavvy loud, the volume has increased, but more importantly for me the tone has improved ten fold.

From what I gather the Austin Racing cans are canny loud anyway, so I'd fit it first and see what you think. I feel you may be surprised.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2019 R1250GS TE
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: Exhaust flap delete???
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
I think its widely recognised now that a slip on does little for pre-2017 bikes but provides a notable difference for post-2017 bikes. Unfortunately the OP looks like he has a 2016 bike.

In any case, if you want to see how much louder your bike could be, just remove the slip on and fire it up. Cheaper than laying out money on a new slip on to find it doesnt give you what you want  :305:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor