Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone using 1jac?  (Read 235 times)

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
Anyone using 1jac?
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »
Anyone used or using 1jac?
Bought a pre used one and bought the fitting kit for s1k.

Question is can you lift the bike up with the side stand in down position? And once lifted, can you retract the side stand?
Or, do you have to retract the side stand first before lifting with 1jac?
Cheers,any pics with the s1k adapter plate fitted to the stand appreciated.

Online zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
Re: Anyone using 1jac?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:49:27 PM »
Can't speak for the 1jac specifically, but it's just a rip-off of bursig, same as my black widow stand.

You can lift the bike whether the stand is up or down, but with my stand at least, you cannot raise/lower the sidestand while it is on the lift.

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:46 PM »
Cheers Zombie.
just as I thought,need to raise the side stand before using the lift...
But first, I'll need to get someone to hold the bike upright before I set up the adapter plate to the correct height/angle.

I already have an Abba stand which I'm pleased with...but like the idea of having both wheels off the ground to aid cleaning/maintenance

Online zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:21:55 PM »
I'll tell you what I did, I installed the adaptor onto my bike (remove one bolt, flip it around I think, and put the adaptor on the LH side) then I loosely put the adaptor plate onto the stand, and pushed it into the adaptor on the bike while the lift is in the low position and got everything lined up (even like this it more or less held the bike steady) then I just pulled the stand straight out (if you have the wheels on it it's fairly easy) and torqued all the bolts down on the adaptor plate.

I did it by myself, wasn't even that big of a deal - hope that helps. (and hope my write-up isn't too confusing)

My bursig adaptor for the S1000R came with a diagram to show where to put the bolts, I assume your stand will come with something similar.

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 12:01:30 AM »
Thanks,
my instructions aren't very detailed,although it does gives me the torque settings.
I have a choice of about 8 holes for the main bolt to fasten to, plus a threaded rod to fine tune the angle of the adapter plate....just going to be a matter of trial and error

Recent Posts/Topics