Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cough cough Covid19  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
Re: Cough cough Covid19
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »
One thing to bear in mind might be to take things a little easier on the road, in the event of an accident help might be a while coming and hospital care will be stretched......

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • any day on 2 wheels is a good day
  • Bike: 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toolman [+]
One thing to bear in mind might be to take things a little easier on the road, in the event of an accident help might be a while coming and hospital care will be stretched......
Excellent point. Especially for those of us whose bikes have been in storage since last November and are itching to ride

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2019 R1250GS TE
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »
I got out for a 3 hour ride on my GS this afternoon. Whilst it was a bit of a bummer not being able to stop at any of the usual haunts now all the pubs and cafes are closed, it was a real tonic to get away from the doom and gloom of COVID-19 just for a little while. Even better, Ive finally racked up enough miles for a run-in service so unrestricted use of the fun handle is just an oil change away  :305:

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 09:10:36 AM »
Had a 80 mile ride out on Wednesday,first since last November.
Bike now in for a service and will pick it up after Tuesday,my last workday for at least a month!
Knock back effect of JLR shutdown,our products not required till the car makers resume production.
Will have to carry my own food and drinks on ride outs for now as all are cafes shut!

Online SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 09:39:11 PM »

Made me think twice and decided to not go out until it gets better

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 09:06:11 AM »
Agreed, I wouldnt risk it now anyway but I can hear plenty pf others still out enjoying the quieter roads.

Maybe we should stick some pictures up to show what were doing to keep us busy while in lockdown?

Offline Chinook

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R 18 sport
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »
Was still riding mine being a community nurse. But Sods law today another warm spring day and east Cheshire council have coated the road in rock salt. So in the boring car today 🙁

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 10:06:02 AM »
I've been working from home all week but had to go into the office yesterday to pick a few things up to allow me to keep on working.

As 90% of my journeys are by bike anyway I took the bike in as I normally would.

The office is only 8 miles from home and I have to say that the roads in general weren't really that much quieter. I saw 2 other motorbikes in separate occasions, but I must have seen at least 20 or more cyclists out on the main roads.
Now I am anything but anti cyclist but the area I live in is fairly rural and has loads of tow paths etc ... open to ride on away from the main roads. If we as motorcyclists are being encouraged to stay off the roads then surely cyclists should be staying off them too? If anything they must be at a greater risk than we are on them?

I had an interesting encounter with 1 particular gadgey on a push bike too as I was coasting up to a set of traffic lights. As I was approaching him he turned his head towards me, mouthed 'W****r' toward me and wobbled in to the kerb and had to save himself from falling off. Gave me a right chuckle as I coasted past him.

Offline N.W.Den

• S1000R Member
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 10:31:55 AM »
Thought I was going to be without my bike for weeks as it was at the dealers on Monday for it's service and mot,thinking the lock down would shut everything!
Luckily the dealers phoned me on Tuesday morning informing me the bike was ready,and they were open for that day only.They even came and collected me from home to enable me to pick it up before the locked the place down!

So a good shout to BMW Motorrad Carlisle  :028:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor