Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: s1000r cruise control switch  (Read 666 times)

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: s1000r cruise control switch
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 05:28:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
Mine has been on since I purchased it. All other methods to disengagement are easier. I typically fully close the throttle and back up to where I want to be manually. Convenient as you need a hand on the throttle anyway if turning off cruise.  It's like a shift blip. Yep - glue!

The OP isnt trying to switch it off though.

His problem is that it is turning itself off when he doesn't want it to.

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Airsafari87 [+]
The OP isnt trying to switch it off though.

His problem is that it is turning itself off when he doesn't want it to.

I think the point we are both trying to make is that fixing it in the 'On' position is not a problem at all

Offline mfrodrigues

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 04:22:46 PM »
Hi!
A couple weeks have passed since the last post, and indeed inserting a little plastic below the switch worked very good! Since it's almost under the handlebar its not even visible.

Meanwhile I was at BMW for regular servicing and I asked if there was anything they could do. The showed me a similar piece opened, and when this happens (unfortunately it's quite often), there is nothing to do but to replace or do this hack.  A new piece if 350(plus install costs), however at this time i see absolutely no benefit, so I'm keeping this perfect hack!

Thank you all!

Recent Posts/Topics