Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rubbish horn  (Read 776 times)

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Re: Rubbish horn
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 04:10:57 PM »
I can assure you that my Sound Bomb is much louder than the OEM on my R. Wifey agrees.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 05:00:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by MA413 [+]
Great placement for the dual horns.   Definitely a better upgrade over the stocker.   Im going this route but need to find that link where the dual horns sound like a Cadillac from the 70s.  Saw a guy with a Ninja who had them and people noticed quick before they attempted to cut him off.

Not sure if you are talking about the "snail" horn that I couldn't fit under the left side cover; I wish I could have found a nice space for two of them on the S1KR! Here is a little clip of a pair of them (hi and lo tone horns) on my previous Bandit.  A couple of times I saw car drivers flinch because they thought they were about to be hit by a car  :005:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 05:04:56 PM by Headf0x »

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 06:03:43 PM »
 :028: Thats the tone Im hunting for!   No subtle room on the S1KR for that setup? :157:  thatll make a cager piss themselves.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 06:04:43 PM by MA413 »
17S1KR

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by MA413 [+]
:028: Thats the tone Im hunting for!   No subtle room on the S1KR for that setup? :157:  thatll make a cager piss themselves.

The horns that I used are pretty much identical to these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ShineTool-Dual-tone-Universal-Electric-Motorcycle/dp/B07SPZM8ZB/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=motorcycle+horns&qid=1581785664&sr=8-4

Mine are black but I'm sure the ones here are about the same as mine.  I tried fitting one of them in the location of the original horn, but it seems that if there's pressure on the horn housing (the side cover was pressing against the horn when I buttoned it all back up) then the horn doesn't work.  I think it needs to be able to vibrate in order to make its sound.

I'd want the open end of the horns to face forward but I couldn't find anywhere else to locate them and not have them stick out like a sore thumb.  If someone else comes up with a good idea I'll be all for trying again because I love that sound too!

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 07:31:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Headf0x [+]
The horns that I used are pretty much identical to these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ShineTool-Dual-tone-Universal-Electric-Motorcycle/dp/B07SPZM8ZB/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=motorcycle+horns&qid=1581785664&sr=8-4

Mine are black but I'm sure the ones here are about the same as mine.  I tried fitting one of them in the location of the original horn, but it seems that if there's pressure on the horn housing (the side cover was pressing against the horn when I buttoned it all back up) then the horn doesn't work.  I think it needs to be able to vibrate in order to make its sound.

I'd want the open end of the horns to face forward but I couldn't find anywhere else to locate them and not have them stick out like a sore thumb.  If someone else comes up with a good idea I'll be all for trying again because I love that sound too!
I appreciate the link!   Maybe inside the tail section?   Ill have to take measurements and see if its feasible. 
17S1KR

Recent Posts/Topics