Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Maximizing the luggage | Hepco&Becker with OEM tailbag?  (Read 372 times)

Offline Jani79_FIN

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000R -19
  • City / Town: Jrvenp
Maximizing the luggage | Hepco&Becker with OEM tailbag?
« on: February 07, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »
Hi guys - planning for weeks long europe tour with my S1000R and since I carry all my photo equipment with me, I need to maximize luggage capacity.

I have OEM (SW-Motech) soft side panniers and bought OEM tailbag. Did not read leaflet properly nor asked sales if theyre compatible and no they are not.

Since I would love to have side bags with OEM tail bag, my question is; can I make OEM tail bag fit with another brand like Hepco&Becker with their C-bow racking system? From pictures it looks like that since theyre a bit more off from bike, OEM tailbag _could_ fit as designed?

Anyone here with H&B C-bow side bags and OEM tail bag? Care to share pictures or experiences?

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
Re: Maximizing the luggage | Hepco&Becker with OEM tailbag?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 05:17:22 PM »
What makes them incompatible? I have the Sw motech saddle bags too and plan on using kriega us30 bag. Now I'm questioning myself

Offline Jani79_FIN

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by SwiftTone [+]
What makes them incompatible? I have the Sw motech saddle bags too and plan on using kriega us30 bag. Now I'm questioning myself

Specifically on the OEM bag, its contoured shape designed to be snug fit with rear seat. Because this, the sides of tail bag are very low and conflicts with SW motech bags. So you could very well be okay with Kriega.

Offline Jani79_FIN

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
Problem solved - I can confirm H&P bags will fit with BMW OEM Tailbag.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor