Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What do you want to see in the new S1000R?  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Wiffa

• S1000R Member
  • Snakes Alive
  • Bike: 2018-S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: What do you want to see in the new S1000R?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 08:34:52 PM »
Good list

I have no problem with handle bar vibration.
Keyless ignition can have problems.

Add Tyre pressure monitoring
Another 1.5 litres to 19. We have some long distances between fuel stops.
What are the thoughts on more colour options.

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 08:47:52 PM »
Very good list indeed.

Having used and owned cars and bikes with keyless ignitions, that would not be a plus for me. Of the bikes ive tried, they still need a key for the fuel tap so whats the point..its easy to drive off and leave the key behind as well! ..dont feel the need for any more electronics at all, tyre pressure sensors are fickle things in my experience.

Top of my list would be price...I really , really like my 2018 R and while ill pay more for an updated model, I wouldnt pay thousands on top for  new model. Id be quite happy to have a "older" model again if the new bike is , say 2,500 more expensive.

Next concern would be build quality, the new RR has terrible quality plastics and the cheapo knock off monoblocs have caused some bikes to be returned twice or more..

Plus's for me would be a litre of two extra capacity in the fuel tank, some adjustability in the ergonomics as mentioned and more power...

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2019 R1250GS TE
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 09:09:35 PM »
No need for a key for the fuel cap on my keyless GS, so Id assume other BMWs are/will be the same. The fob never leaves my pocket, so no chance of losing it... but youd immediately get key out of range warnings if you did leave it behind.

A touch more fuel capacity is a good call. I was always the first to run out of fuel until one of my mates downgeared his Fireblade and started getting noticeably worse economy.

Offline rogracer

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Orlando, Florida
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »
I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I don't think the bike needs more power.  :431:  Maybe for marketing reasons with new competition it does, but not in reality.  The bike is already wheelie limited to well into triple digit speeds...power is not the issue.  If you want more acceleration at triple digit speeds, well, sorry but you would be better off with fairings and clip ons for drag reduction.  Basically you dont what a naked in that case regardless.

Online zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by rogracer [+]
I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I don't think the bike needs more power.  :431:  Maybe for marketing reasons with new competition it does, but not in reality.  The bike is already wheelie limited to well into triple digit speeds...power is not the issue.  If you want more acceleration at triple digit speeds, well, sorry but you would be better off with fairings and clip ons for drag reduction.  Basically you dont what a naked in that case regardless.
Agreed 100%, above 150hp on anything but a track bike, it's just for bragging rights

Offline Wiffa

• S1000R Member
  • Snakes Alive
  • Bike: 2018-S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 04:49:56 AM »
 :455:

The power

For a stock off the shelf, apart from a couple of RR's, that supercharger thing by Kawasaki, there is not too much on the roads that better 165hp and with the weight at 207kg it is a minor missile.
With our speeds set at 110 kph max highway and the excessive speed cameras, it is a matter only of how quick you can get there.

Offline BillB

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: White '15 S1000R
  • City / Town: Cary, NC
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »
I like the list and all the additional comments.  No more power needed, I'm even happy with current low end torque.  I'd like to add: better plastics everywhere, switchgear that doesn't break, and water pumps that don't leak.

Offline JaseG

• S1000R Pro
  • Its not about going fast, but about having fun.
  • Bike: S1000RR M / S1KR
  • City / Town: Hedon
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
Power? I will always take it. But just because it is there, doesn't mean you have to use it - time and place.
Fuel tank? For me 2 1/2 hour range is about right to start looking for a bacon sandwich, so no complaints.
TFT screen, yes please.
Integrated jog wheel for satnav / TFT
Something to obscure that Cat, oh yes please.
But if I were to be honest, I would purchase my bike again if I was looking for another naked.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:50:57 PM by JaseG »

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »
2 things come to mind that my bud has on his RT.  Love to see BMW direct DIN connection outlets for NAV or phone charging and a seat warmer.   The latter is more my liking as I like to ride year round when everyone isnt.
17S1KR

Offline flurbs

• S1000R Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 07:49:55 PM »
Stick with Brembos not Hayes.

Recent Posts/Topics