Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pillion RR similar position?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline C3RRR

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000rr
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Pillion RR similar position?
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:03:10 AM »
Hey guys, I own a RR and a Superduke 1290.  As much as I like the SDR I'm leaning towards an s1000r for my 2 up bike.
My question is simple.
Is the pillion position the same as the RR?
My partner and I gel great on my RR, above any others I've tried but I want to use a naked for being comfortable.
Has anyone tried both bikes with a pillion?
My superduke will be for sale or will swap

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Pillion RR similar position?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »
The pillion seat arrangement on the R and RR will be the same however with the riding position being more upright on the R your body position will change, which may have the knock on effect of putting your pillion in a slightly different position to how they are on the RR.

My missus can only stand about 30 to 45 on the back of my R before she gets uncomfortable.
My son who is 17 and slightly built can manage just over 2 hours in one direction. But he gets really uncomfortable on the return journey due to being more upright and having more pressure going through the arse.

Edit. Just realised you're from the UK.
So Newcastle to Oulton Park he is fine with.
Oulton Park back home is when he really starts to struggle.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:08:19 AM by Airsafari87 »

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2019 R1250GS TE
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 05:59:11 PM »
Never even attempted to get the missus on the back of my R, not what Id call a 2-up bike (unless your missus is the size of Kylie Minogue). Hats off to you for managing it on an RR!  :005:

Offline rogracer

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
  • City / Town: Orlando, Florida
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »
Wouldn't the XR be best of all the "Rs" for 2up?  But I guess you already know that  :001:

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:41:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by rogracer [+]
Wouldn't the XR be best of all the "Rs" for 2up?  But I guess you already know that  :001:

Ive found if your pillion is a flexible size 8 or 10 and they don't know much different/have any previous reference point,  they just get on with it and don't complain...

The wheelies would , I imagine, would be awesome...and plentiful!

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 09:52:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by podders [+]
The wheelies would , I imagine, would be awesome...and plentiful!

I always ride pretty sensible if I have a pillion, I want them to enjoy being on the bike as much as I e joy riding them.

I'll never forget the first time my Mrs said she wanted to feel what wide open throttle through the gears felt like.
I told her to hold on like f**k and either scream extra loud when she wanted me to shut off or dig me in the ribs.

2nd gear from around 50mph and using all the revs in all the gears, and all the way through to prison cell speeds in 5th gear and I could not keep the front wheel on the floor until I hit 5th gear.

I have never heard anyone giggle as much on the back of the bike as she did.

She has seen me on on track before, seen me take off hard when when we have been out riding together on the roads, raced me on the bike in our car so she knows that these bikes are fast, but she was still blown away by just how quick they really are.

Seriously if you have never ridden with a pillion before, get them on the back of your bike, make them feel comfortable and then let them share that buzz that we get every time we hold that throttle on its stop!

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 10:18:35 PM »
Agreed....my good lady enjoyed it so much she went out and bought her own bike...and thats even better...

Offline Enzio

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Pretoria
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 06:40:17 AM »
My wife would kill me. She might divorce me first, but definitely kill me.

Having said that, the rush from a fast bike is incredible.
I still remember my first encounter - it was in 2003 on an R1. When the front goes light in 2nd and the thing just keeps going..... :156:

I have been very fortunate to have experienced some fast cars in my life (Ferrari Enzo, racing GT-R, etc) and honestly, nothing compares to a fast bike.
This is from someone with a very deep love and passion for cars.

That is why I would really love to have a go on an H2R.
I think that resets all your reference points, which might be an issue in itself, haha.

Sorry for the off-topic
 :455:
I got nothing.....

Offline Silverside

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Larkhall
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 09:03:37 PM »
Surely it can't be more uncomfortable than a sportsbike ??? I've just bought a s1000r after having a zx6r and had the missus round the alps 3 times and she was fine on that . We're off to croatia on it in august and I've told her it will be more comfortable than the ninja ooops lol  :008:

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Silverside [+]
Surely it can't be more uncomfortable than a sportsbike ??? I've just bought a s1000r after having a zx6r and had the missus round the alps 3 times and she was fine on that . We're off to croatia on it in august and I've told her it will be more comfortable than the ninja ooops lol  :008:

10/10 ! :037:

Recent Posts/Topics