Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I had a proper little wobble... not the hard-acceleration kind!  (Read 2560 times)

Offline nicolarse81

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: s1000r
  • City / Town: Dartford
Re: I had a proper little wobble... not the hard-acceleration kind!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Headf0x [+]

There's a bit more description on the YouTube page itself.
I threw the bike into a bend with the suspension set in Road mode and turns out that the bike didn't like it.  I guess the default Road damping is a bit too soft for that kind of thing.  I'm pretty much bang on the 85Kg weight that is mentioned in the manual when dressed in all my kit (if not a bit less) so I'll just have to make sure I'm in Dynamic mode next time before I start having fun!
looks to me you just went in a bit hot into a corner. Weve all done it thats what keep the blood flowing at the end of the day your still alive and have a take to tell go out tomorrow and make another one. Thats what makes biking Exhilarating all the near death experiences

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: I had a proper little wobble... not the hard-acceleration kind!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
That wasn't really trying... I've been around there faster before on other bikes :016:  The bike should been able to hold that line through the bend without any drama.

Now that I've checked tyre pressures and suspension sag and not found anything particularly out of spec, I am pretty satisfied that for this sort of riding I should have had the bike in Dynamic DDC and not Road - I think perhaps the rear damping was a bit too soft in Road mode for this particular situation.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:59:10 PM by Headf0x »

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor