Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I had a proper little wobble... not the hard-acceleration kind!  (Read 2514 times)

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: I had a proper little wobble... not the hard-acceleration kind!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:48 AM »
I don't think the numbers are based on a 85kg rider, I think the bike is sprung for a 85 kg rider.

If I set my SAG at higher numbers, all I am doing is shortening the available suspension travel for me. Personally, being a fat b@stard I would rather have more suspension travel else I will more than likely start bottoming out my suspension(I do not think this is a good thing to happen!!).

Offline Gaz93

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Hartlepool
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »
i paid to have my bike suspension professionally set up for my weight etc.. best money I've ever spent.  the electronic suspension on these machines requires setting up for the rider so it has a real base line to work from in order to work at its full potential.. it only cost me 50 at Weardale Racing..
he explained that he's dissapointed that the dealer doesnt spend a short time with each customer setting the sag and pre-load before they drive away.. 

this is just my experience and opinion.. dont shoot me down. it worked for me and the bike felt much more planted and plusher ride after the adjustments were made.

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 02:39:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gaz93 [+]
i paid to have my bike suspension professionally set up for my weight etc.. best money I've ever spent.  the electronic suspension on these machines requires setting up for the rider so it has a real base line to work from in order to work at its full potential.. it only cost me 50 at Weardale Racing..
he explained that he's dissapointed that the dealer doesnt spend a short time with each customer setting the sag and pre-load before they drive away.. 

this is just my experience and opinion.. dont shoot me down. it worked for me and the bike felt much more planted and plusher ride after the adjustments were made.

Was it you that took your bike to Ian after I mentioned it on here? I think a few others have been since and every single one of us that has been to see him has said the exact same thing.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the 50 he charges covers you for the entire time you own the bike, you can keep going back to have it adjusted, checked and tweaked for no additional charge

Offline Gaz93

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Hartlepool
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 07:40:23 AM »
yes mate.. thanks for the heads up.. totally transformed the ride.  :047: :047:

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »
Had the running in service today - no issues found chassis wise. The only opinion offered from them is that DDC Road mode is very soft.  I still think some attention from a proper suspension technician would be a good idea.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2020, 02:08:39 PM »
Its been said that DDC modes only affect the rear shock. Would that make bike more susceptible to proper little wobble?

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
Its been said that DDC modes only affect the rear shock.

I don't believe that is accurate, but I can't provide any proof other than my personal feelings from riding. (too lazy to DL the manual again, lol)

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
That's funny....I thought you were the one that said that. At the time I replied I thought it affected the front as well but now I'm not so sure.

Guess I misunderstood.

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
No, I think you (or maybe me, lol) are confusing when I said the riding modes don't affect DDC.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 05:43:30 PM »
 :821:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor