Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New bike, Straight from the dealers to the studio.  (Read 218 times)

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
New bike, Straight from the dealers to the studio.
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:21:55 PM »
Some of you might remember my earlier thread about the 2019 S1000R that I was looking at to replace my current 2017 bike.

I collected the bike, brand new from the dealership yesterday and rode it straight to my mates place, which rather handily is where his detailing business is based.  :001:

Today was spent stripping the bike down and giving everything a good clean in preparation for a full IGL 'Eclipse' ceramic coating treatment as well as a correction of the paintwork and the carbon parts (fly screen, front and rear mud guards, front sprocket cover, heel plates of the HP rearsets and the foot guard on the Akra GP exhaust) jewelled before the treatment is applied.

We both spent the best part of today cleaning the bike and dressing the plastic trims up prior to him applying the coating during the week.
Once applied the coating should last at least 3 years on the bike so only routine maintenance washes should be required afterwards.

A few pics taken after the wash stage only.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:51:49 PM by Airsafari87 »

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • City / Town: Oromocto
Re: New bike, Straight from the dealers to the studio.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »
You posted links to the thumbnails, for what it's worth...

Offline Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: New bike, Straight from the dealers to the studio.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:46:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by zombie [+]
You posted links to the thumbnails, for what it's worth...

Cheers.

The originals were too large to post. I'll have to try and resize them and try again.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor