Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cordona QS added to or vendor list. Great pricing available  (Read 296 times)

Offline RHB Motorsports

• Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
Re: Cordona QS added to or vendor list. Great pricing available
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
Miles yes this would give you the autoblipper shifter for up and down Quick shifting. I just need to hear back from both Cordona as well as RS2E if they would give an extra discount each if we had a order of 3 or more.

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 04:07:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by RHB Motorsports [+]
Miles yes this would give you the autoblipper shifter for up and down Quick shifting. I just need to hear back from both Cordona as well as RS2E if they would give an extra discount each if we had a order of 3 or more.

Also interested for my '14!
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline RHB Motorsports

• Approved Vendor
  • S1000R Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 04:29:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by RHB Motorsports [+]
Hey guys.  Ok I got some good news.  I spoke emailed back and forth with Cordona as well as RS2E regarding the ECU flash to unlock the shift assist pro so the 14-16 SKR's could have up and down QS.  After I emailed back and forth with them and explained what I wanted they also emailed back and forth with each other and discussed the ECU flash with the Cordona QS.  Today I sent RS2E one of our ECU's from an employees bike to have it flashed.  And Cordona is sending us a 427special QS for us to test with the flash.  RS2E explained that while their flash works with every aftermarket QS they tried.  The only one they cant promise that will work with their flash is the Cordona because they havent had a chance to test it. So this is where RHB comes in.  We will do the testing.  You would also need the wiring from RS2E

The price of the flash is 349 euros + 83 euros for the wiring + shipping. So thats 429 euros before shipping which translates to $475 before shipping.  However the VAT tax would be removed from the pricing in euros I listed if coming to the US or any other country that doesnt have euros as their currency.  This would bring the cost down to 293.28 euros for the flash + 71.43 euros for the wiring + shipping which would be $403.81 before shipping.

I get 10% off as a dealer from RS2E so that would bring the cost down for the flash + wiring to $318.23 + shipping.  I emailed both Cordona and RS2E to see I could get a group buy of 3 to 4 guys would I get an additional 5% off on the Cordona QS and an additional 10% off on the RS2E flash and wiring. If they agreed I would subtract an additional 5% off of the QS price listed in this post to pass along to you guys.  And I would give you guys the 10% off of the MSRP on the flash + wiring.  This way I make 10% and you guys get 10% off.  If RS2E only gave an additional 5% then I would give you guys 7 1/2% off of the price.  Whoever is interested let me know .  This way I have a leg to stand as to why I asked or additional discounts.

I miscalculated the cost when I wrote the $318 price for the flash + wire plus shipping.  However today I received a response from RS2E stating that if I sent in 2 or more ECU's at a time I would get an additional $50 off each ECU.  I got a quote on what the shipping would be as well.

After removing the VAT tax the retail in US dollars is $403.79 for the flash + wiring (  I know I wrote $403.81 earlier but that was the other day and its $403.79 today because of the way the currency fluctuates) + $88.58 shipping back to me  which is for packaging, bank charges and shipping via DHL. So that is $492.37 retail. I get 10% off as a dealer which brings the cost down to $363.41 for the flash + wiring.  And another $88.58 for shipping which brings my cost to $452.  As I mentioned above I was told that if 2 or more ECU's were sent then I would get an additional $50 off of the $363.41 price which would bring my dealer cost down to $313.41 + the $88.58 shipping and that would total $403. 

If 2 or more forum members were interested then I would only tack on $30 per ECU flash.  You get the original 10% that was my dealer discount plus another $20 off.  Shipping back to me from Germany could cost a little more than the $88.58 or it may be the same if 2 ECUs were sent back to me.  So your cost would be about $433 +2.9% paypal fee unless you send it as friends and family which would then eliminate the 2.9% paypal fee. SimonUK has sent me funds through Paypal once as a purchase and after that as friends and family for his Ilmberger carbon parts.  You would also be responsible to ship the ECUs to me and cover the costs for me to ship the ECUs to Germany and then cover the costs for me to ship the ECUs back to you once I get them in.  Unless 2 or more guys shipped them on their own directly to RS2E and then RS2E would ship them back directly to you which would eliminate the shipping costs to me and back to you.  But if 2 guys committed then I would hope each of you shipped them so as not to screw the other guy over for the additional discount.  Once I receive an invoice from RS2E you paypal me the funds.  I pay RS2E and they would ship the ECUs right back to you.

This is a costly upgrade considering that the ECU upgrade would cost you $433 plus the cost of the quickshifter.  Its something to think about.  Is having the ability to have up and down quickshifting worth it?  I just upgraded to the Cordona on my Ducati 1299 and its amazing compared to the stock QS.  I have a Cordona 427special being sent to me to trial it out with the RS2E flash so it isnt costing me as much. I am just paying for the ECU flash and wiring. But if I  like the Cordona QS I will also upgrade my S1000RR QS to the Cordona QS which thank god the ECU doesnt need a flash.  Some will say its worth it some will say it isnt.  Only you as the owner and rider of your bikes will know whats worth what as upgrades on your bikes. 

If you have 2017 and newer SKR's and want to upgrade to an amazing QS then all you would need to pay for is the Cordona 427special QS which I listed the selling price in my first post on this thread.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:30:03 AM by RHB Motorsports »

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
A very impressive write-up and honest approach to the value and your minimal profit. For me personally, I don't feel the value in the end coupled with an uneasy feeling of shipping off my ECU to another country. The value is also low for me due to my ease of self-blipping. If I did more track days and I was a faster rider it would have far more value in aggressive down shifts managing the throttle bodies and smoothing out the slipper clutch action.

RHB, your efforts are greatly appreciated as most of us without auto-blippers have always wanted it!
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

sociology-monitor