Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: So long and thanks for all the fish  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • any day on 2 wheels is a good day
  • Bike: 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: Montreal
Re: So long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonS1KR [+]
The day has finally arrived for my R to head off to a new owner and for the big GS to take its place in my garage.

It was interesting to ride my R for one last time without all the aftermarket add-ons to remind myself what it was like when I first got it. The brake and clutch actions felt quite different without the adjustable Rizoma levers. Most noticeable was how poor the stock mirrors are (so blurry) and how much worse the handlebar vibes are without the Rizoma mirrors. Definitely two mods I'd do again if another R ever beckons.

For now, it's 600 miles of neutered fun (5K rev limit, partial throttle openings) until the GS is run in and can be used in anger.

Best wishes to you all for a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
The break in miles will go quickly and soon enough you'll be riding the pants off the the shaft driven boxer beast. Looks sweet all blacked out. Enjoy the holidays modding your new ride! Would be nice to see some pics when you've got her all dressed.

Online windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
Congratulation on your new GS!! She looks fantastic in black with those gold wheels  :062:

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonS1KR [+]
It was interesting to ride my R for one last time without all the aftermarket add-ons to remind myself what it was like when I first got it. The brake and clutch actions felt quite different without the adjustable Rizoma levers. Most noticeable was how poor the stock mirrors are (so blurry) and how much worse the handlebar vibes are without the Rizoma mirrors. Definitely two mods I'd do again if another R ever beckons.

I had a similar experience, I didn't remember how big of a difference adding a $17 amazon windscreen made until I took it off.  Personally I never had any issues with the functionality of the OEM mirrors, just that they looked hideous.
To make the 150km highway ride to my dealer just that little bit worse, when I put the OEM levers back on I guess the little tab on the clutch lever wasn't aligned properly so my cruise control didn't work :P

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor