Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best integrated taillight?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Devojrx7

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Austin, AR
Best integrated taillight?
« on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:26 AM »
Iíve searched and I canít find where the best integrated taillight has been discussed. Iíve found the Motodynamic and the DMP. Is one of these better than the other?
https://www.motodynamic.com/2015-2018-bmw-s1000rr-s1000r-sequential-led-tail-lights-clear.html

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
Re: Best integrated taillight?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
I had something like this in a previous bike, all my riding pals said it was dangerous as they could never understand what the light was supposedly indicating....

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toolman [+]
I had something like this in a previous bike, all my riding pals said it was dangerous as they could never understand what the light was supposedly indicating....

I agree -I think theyíre a bit of a jockey install - bad enough with car drivers unable to decipher whatís going on around them !

Offline Devojrx7

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Austin, AR
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »
Thatís a good point, I didnít realize they would be that hard to see.

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Devojrx7 [+]
Thatís a good point, I didnít realize they would be that hard to see.
I believe some of your fellow countrymen have fitted the European spec indicators, LED with a shorter mounting arm.

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 07:03:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toolman [+]
I believe some of your fellow countrymen have fitted the European spec indicators, LED with a shorter mounting arm.

I have, but you need to add resistors to get the flash rate correct. Ever since the NHSTA here decided in their infinite wisdom that the BMW LED indicators were 'not safe', the option in the ISTA dealer computers to add LED indicators has been removed. I added them(with resistors) to my wife's 1250GS, and can categorically say they are much more noticeable than the stock indicators (we have friends who have 1250GS with stock) when I am follwong them or when they are behind me and i check in my mirrors.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor