Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Prospective Owner  (Read 790 times)

Offline g0fwk

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: Aprilia Shiver
  • City / Town: Stockport
Re: Prospective Owner
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 10:34:18 PM »
I looked at the Super Duke but find it too tall for me, so unfortunately discounted.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »
I test rode a Super Duke GT a couple of weekends ago. There were definitely areas where it was better than my R, but others where it wasnt. Overall, I didnt come away feeling I had to have an SDGT in my life in the same way that I knew I had to have an R when I test rode one. And, moreover, the two KTM dealers I approached both left me underwhelmed with their sales service... and if the sales guys cant be bothered to make an effort, what must the aftersales service be like?

Offline g0fwk

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 05:06:16 AM »
Always a problem that, some dealers make it feel like theyre doing you a favour by allowing you in to look at their wares.

Well, off to Williams BMW in Manchester on Saturday, weather shows it may be dry here, fingers crossed.

Offline g0fwk

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:57 AM »
Well, went to our local BMW dealer today, kicked a few tyres as you do.

Am extremely impressed at first look by weight, seat height and general look in the flesh.

I'm 5ft 9in with a 31 inch leg and am impressed that I have both feet flat on the floor, not on got that on my Aprilia Shiver 900 or Honda CBX1000, so its a positive.

Sitting position seems comfortable and doesn't lock up my knees as a few other bikes did I tried last year before buying the Aprilia, notably the Honda CB1000 RS.

Weight and balance seem better than the others mentioned and I can lift it off the side stand from the offside by the right hand grip.

Cant do that on the Aprilia. The Bike Parks on the left hand against a wall.

Couldn't take one out yesterday, as my nephew wants to do a double test ride with a R9T and Williams don't have one till next week as its been stolen off the forecourt.

One of 6 overall they tell me.

Manchester getting like London I suppose.

Will update after test ride, cant wait.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 01:02:52 PM »
I wonder what it is about the R9T in particular that seems to be making it so popular with thieves?

Offline g0fwk

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 06:49:18 PM »
Maybe the amount of customising done to the 9t, or the fact its so compact you can put it in your pocket😁😁

Recent Posts/Topics