Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Added screen, crash bobbins and my name  (Read 1165 times)

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
Re: Added screen, crash bobbins and my name
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 08:46:50 AM »
My annual service is due in February and Bahnstormer will collect it for me, no idea what the servicing costs will be as itís only done 1,500 miles and with what I do a year it will only get serviced annually for at least a few more years. Interested in the quality of work and costs from Greenham though just in case I need to use them in the future.

Online Teamgreen2

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000R
  • City / Town: Berkshire
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 10:23:21 AM »
Wow small world 3 of us within a few miles of each other. I just had my bike serviced at Bahnstormer last week its the bikes 3rd service but only covered 3100 miles in total. The service cost me £230 with a hire bike was only oil and break fluid by the looks of it. I haven't used Greenham yet but will probably give them a go next if fossil gives the thumbs up.

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
Three, thatís good, definitely up for a ride out then next spring, unless we get a freak warm dry day this year (fair weather only for me)

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 01:22:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Teamgreen2 [+]
Wow small world 3 of us within a few miles of each other. I just had my bike serviced at Bahnstormer last week its the bikes 3rd service but only covered 3100 miles in total. The service cost me £230 with a hire bike was only oil and break fluid by the looks of it. I haven't used Greenham yet but will probably give them a go next if fossil gives the thumbs up.

Hi, yep, I'll let you know the outcome next week of the service. It's the 6000/yearly one , bike only done 4500 ish but a slightly early oil change won't hurt.  I decided on Greenham Kwaka as they only charged me £80 for my Tiger Sport's 6000 service after I'd changed the oil/filter myself!  Bulldog Triumph in Reading wanted £230!  Obviously, just the usual checks were done so I only paid the time taken.  It will be a higher price for the S1R as they're supplying oil/filter and air filter but  interesting to see how it compares to Bahnstormer.

*Originally Posted by SteveS1000R [+]
Three, thatís good, definitely up for a ride out then next spring, unless we get a freak warm dry day this year (fair weather only for me)

Definitely! I'm always up for a ride out when it's dry!  I bet we all use and know the same local roads!

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 02:10:45 PM »
Just had the service this morning! Actually had to ride in the wet for the first time on the S1R :232:  just made it worse when they told me they don't mind if you cancel and go another time!  :232:  Anyway, cost was £189.16 inc. vat. Didn't need air filter as its only done 4650mls. Mark, their BMW tech showed me the filter and blew it out as it was fine and saved me the cost.  They used Motul 7100 and  reckon not to change between services as its really not needed but everyone has their own preferences. He did advise me to adjust the clutch lever a little slacker than the 1/2-1mm in the book and it does feel better. Very happy with the service and attitude of the guys up there. Highly recommended.

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
Thatís good to hear that they did a good job. Shame you had to ride in the rain, I had to Monday to work as my car was off the road, hate it as the bike is filthy, but with rain mode it is ok and felt stable, gonna clean it this weekend if itís dry. Then booked a mate to valet it in Newbury on 1st November it will be treated with wash polish and a ceramic coating, mates rates as well.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 07:59:41 PM »
Yeah, well pleased with the guys there. My bike is plastered too :005: it looks horrendous. I had to do school pickup g/dad duties after walking dog so couldn't wash it right away. I did dry it well tho with the dog blower! Very usefull bit of kit.  I'll start on cleaning tomorrow . Sounds like you're sorted with a  good mate to do it for you!  It's going away for winter soon as salt appears with a deep clean and ACF 50

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »
Servicing costs seems very reasonable, my first annual service (not the break in) came in at £240 from BMW Wollaston .

As for the clean, I was away with mine in France/Belgium in June and you can remember how bad the weather was in June, I rode thru Belgium, France and all the way back home and it poured the whole day, even the vents in my helmet leaked and my hair was soaked when i removed it..

I to couldnt clean it for a few days but the only things that noticeable deterioated where the radiator/oil cooler(thankfully the staining/discolouring is hidden by the Evotech guards), a few of the chain links had some rust spots on them which was disappointing and the some of the cast edges of the sump/lower cases picked up some light corrosion.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
Mate, I feel for you! The last time I rode in rain that bad was with my Mrs and luggage coming back from TT 20yrs ago! The spray from Lorries  etc. down the M6& M5 was quite scary every time we passed one, in the dark too :005:  I did apply ACF 50 to the S1R when I first bought it and it's held up well so far!  I've been brushing EP90 gear oil on the chain for a while now and that's worked well with no sign of rust......yet

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »
Added some bar end mirrors and gave her a quick polish before putting away for winter.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor