Author Topic: Order placed, just waiting on delivery! Gloucester, UK  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: Order placed, just waiting on delivery! Gloucester, UK
Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 06:22:50 PM
Finally got the bike yesterday!  That's the good news

The bad news is that after the bike was delivered and the salesman had left (it was a Sunday and he was working out of hours - he wasn't hanging about and I can't blame him), I noticed a little scratch and a dull patch in the paint/laquer on the fuel tank.

The shop is closed on a Monday too so I'm waiting for a response.

Not even ridden it yet!  I spent yesterday fitting a few of my bolt-ons.  Now I'm working away for a couple of days worse luck.  Can't wait to get back to the bike  :001:

Offline Thefeelgood

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 08:36:57 PM
Looks awesome!
I still have a couple of weeks until i get mine apparently being built this week.

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Black S1000R
Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 12:14:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Headf0x [+]
Finally got the bike yesterday!  That's the good news

The bad news is that after the bike was delivered and the salesman had left (it was a Sunday and he was working out of hours - he wasn't hanging about and I can't blame him), I noticed a little scratch and a dull patch in the paint/laquer on the fuel tank.

The shop is closed on a Monday too so I'm waiting for a response.

Not even ridden it yet!  I spent yesterday fitting a few of my bolt-ons.  Now I'm working away for a couple of days worse luck.  Can't wait to get back to the bike  :001:

Glad it's arrived, look forward to a few vids and perhaps running in to each other - not literary of course  :001:

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Sport '19
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 12:43:42 PM
Hey Trythat,

I took the lazy route when it came to the RRG rad guard... firstly, I pushed the safety wire in from behind and tied them together at the front of the rad - that was for the bottom corners.  Like you said it's impossible to get behind the top of the rad for the top corners without taking some bits off.... I didn't have time for all that so I've screwed a nut onto the bottom of a cable clip that pokes through from above the rad at the top-middle.  The rad is a snug fit so together with the safety wire at the bottom the rad should not be able to get past that nut  :152: