Author Topic: Bar end weights and tail tidy  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Bigeck

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Ayr
Bar end weights and tail tidy
on: September 10, 2019, 01:33:34 AM
Hi folks
looking for some feedback was looking at the Evotech bar end weights and tail tidy are the worth the extra cash compared to others.

Cheers Bigeck

Offline mad ad

• S1000R Pro
Re: Bar end weights and tail tidy
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 09:07:37 AM
tail tidy I will say yes too, the fit is spot on and a good solid part, didn't have to do any modifications (like I have had to do with a couple of R&G products in the past) it looks very neat and tidy the OEM indicators fit was spot on too.

Bar ends I am not so sure they are worth the money, I have had them for a while and to be honest I don't think they are. I think the only reason I have kept them is just in case it did fall and the bar end takes some of the blow I can replace them with the OEM's if anything, in terms of vibration I haven't really noticed much/any difference.

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:21:15 AM
*Originally Posted by mad ad [+]
tail tidy I will say yes too, the fit is spot on and a good solid part, didn't have to do any modifications (like I have had to do with a couple of R&G products in the past) it looks very neat and tidy the OEM indicators fit was spot on too.

Bar ends I am not so sure they are worth the money, I have had them for a while and to be honest I don't think they are. I think the only reason I have kept them is just in case it did fall and the bar end takes some of the blow I can replace them with the OEM's if anything, in terms of vibration I haven't really noticed much/any difference.

yep agree with above - had the Rhino bar ends and they made no difference (on a 2016 bike) - on the later model (2018) I can feel more vibration through the pegs and seat now at certain revs rather than bars - tail tidy by Evo is spot on !
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:21:52 AM by nrthrnbkr

Offline Bigeck

• S1000R Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:06:34 PM
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated  :028:

Offline Hyper-Byker

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 10:45:38 PM
Because I wanted to use a pair of mirrors from Oberon Engineering I had two bar end weights fabricated from stainless steel to the same shape as the originals plus and extra half inch of length to accommodate the mirror stalks. It only cost 20.00.
However, there was an added benefit that the extra weight substantially reduced the terrible bar vibrations I was getting at the mid rev range. So, result.
As far as a tail tidy, I went for the New Rage Cycles undertray set up from the USA. There is some wiring involved but I think it's the neatest solution out there. One thing, though, is that after nearly two years, the LEDs are starting to fail but the undertray is very useful for mounting other things in that area if you need and could be utilised to have ihnstalled various other LED light set ups. I tell you when I get to that point. The NRC number plate mount failed and snapped off quite quick and they did send me another but I decided to go my own route and bought one of those (sort of) cheapo Chinese ones and modified it to suit the undertray.
Here are the images:

S1000R Sport - Catalano Gray - 2018 - Forged wheels.
Rizoma brake fluid res. Oberon mirrors on fabricated S/S bar end weights. New Rage Cycles LED indicators tail tidy.
Modified plate hanger. USB & SatNav combined mount.
Headlamp bulbs upgrade. Fabricated chain lube drip guide.

Offline Wiffa

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2018-S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 02:49:48 AM
Clearly I have too much time to waste in isolation.
Your number plates in the UK as almost the size of an A380 aileron.
No wonder you need a tail tidy
Huston we have lift off.
https://images.app.goo.gl/tY3PSRmuv6gduVjNA

Offline knyght

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 03:47:35 PM
Evotech bar ends are a good improvement over the standards in terms of extra weight and finish, worth it Id say.
I have the R&G tail tidy, but think the Evotech looks better due to the plate angle and less protruding indicator mounts.

Offline Hyper-Byker

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Wiffa [+]
Clearly I have too much time to waste in isolation.
Your number plates in the UK as almost the size of an A380 aileron.
No wonder you need a tail tidy
Huston we have lift off.
https://images.app.goo.gl/tY3PSRmuv6gduVjNA

You're not wrong my friend.
It's probably an old law dating back to when Benz invented the internal combustion engine. Most of Europe seems to have small plates for bikes. But not us. Ands the law are quite strict. Even though we have tech that means they can read a plate from miles away.
S1000R Sport - Catalano Gray - 2018 - Forged wheels.
Rizoma brake fluid res. Oberon mirrors on fabricated S/S bar end weights. New Rage Cycles LED indicators tail tidy.
Modified plate hanger. USB & SatNav combined mount.
Headlamp bulbs upgrade. Fabricated chain lube drip guide.

sociology-monitor