Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coming from MT09  (Read 1127 times)

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Black S1000R
Re: Coming from MT09
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
Look forward to it, do you go to any of the Bikenite meetings?
Just need to get run-in before the cold weather gets here. Just trying to order bits now, having to get risers from Germany, Rad Guard guy is taking a break.

For me the risers are the important bit.

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 08:51:39 PM »
I haven't done any Bikenite meetings this year actually, I'll have to redouble my efforts next year! It would be funny if we end up recognising each other lol

I have this Thursday/Friday and next week booked off work, so hopefully the bike will be ready for me soon and I can have a good crack at running it in! No email today though  :019:

The rad guard guy you mentioned seems to be the same guy I've ordered mine from; Racing Radiator Guards.  I've received a plain set of guards from him on Saturday after being told he won't be doing the painted ones with logos until later this year.  Shame that, I might even buy those anyway when they opens up the order book again.  But I strongly suggest you get some guards and fit them before you start riding because those rads are really exposed and a holed one is really going to ruin your day!

I've got the Wunderlich 20mm risers from Nippy Normans - at 74 they aren't cheap but I think after my test ride that pretty much all the rise I needed to make the riding position right for me.

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2019, 09:02:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Headf0x [+]
I haven't done any Bikenite meetings this year actually, I'll have to redouble my efforts next year! It would be funny if we end up recognising each other lol

I have this Thursday/Friday and next week booked off work, so hopefully the bike will be ready for me soon and I can have a good crack at running it in! No email today though  :019:

The rad guard guy you mentioned seems to be the same guy I've ordered mine from; Racing Radiator Guards.  I've received a plain set of guards from him on Saturday after being told he won't be doing the painted ones with logos until later this year.  Shame that, I might even buy those anyway when they opens up the order book again.  But I strongly suggest you get some guards and fit them before you start riding because those rads are really exposed and a holed one is really going to ruin your day!

I've got the Wunderlich 20mm risers from Nippy Normans - at 74 they aren't cheap but I think after my test ride that pretty much all the rise I needed to make the riding position right for me.

That would be weird, I'm usually with 4 to 6 other guys an very loud bikes :)
I just went on the RRG site, couldn't believe he was open, meant to open later in the week. I only want plain black any way as I've got a black bike, in fact I'm looking to get rid of the BMW badges.

Nippy Normans out of stock, ordered from Germany, got GBRacing engine covers coming as well, just ordering some Torx bits :)

A very exspenive week this one.

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »
I'm getting mine in black too, this is getting weirder! Mind you I don't hang around with any particularly loud bikers nowadays, my knackered ears can't take it lol

Here I am preaching about rad guards and I haven't ordered any engine protection yet or crash bungs yet...  I was hoping not to spend another 200 or whatever this week.  I'm going to have to get the leftover parts from my last bike (1250 Bandit) sold quick smart!

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
I'm getting mine in black too, this is getting weirder! Mind you I don't hang around with any particularly loud bikers nowadays, my knackered ears can't take it lol

Here I am preaching about rad guards and I haven't ordered any engine protection yet or crash bungs yet...  I was hoping not to spend another 200 or whatever this week.  I'm going to have to get the leftover parts from my last bike (1250 Bandit) sold quick smart!

I know, I've just splashed out over 400 quid, on Tail tidy, Bar risers, Engine guards, lower poundage torque wrench and Torx bits and the Abba stand fittings. Still need to get number plate, but that can wait, still got to get Rad guards, probably levers and tail pipe, not a poor mans means of transport any more.

Not like my RD200 40 years ago :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:23:22 PM by trythat »

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
I got my number plate from https://www.a1showplates.com/ The website lets you see how the plate is going to look before you order.  Mine is... shhhh... a bit smaller than standard  :016:

I've got a Vstream screen, bar risers, number plate, Evotech paddock stand bobbins, the rad guards (great value for money these guards) and Givi tank bag ring. And there I was trying to minimise my up-front spending on this bike  :008:

Bikes in my younger days used to be cheap to run too. Well, I used to not spend any money on maintaining them... same thing back then!

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 08:08:10 PM »
Supposed to picking bike up Saturday  :002: Looks as though I won't be riding it much next week though!

Got most of my addon bits here ready to go on, just waiting for risers.

Looking forward to picking it up.

Offline Headf0x

• S1000R Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
Good luck, hope you get a bit of riding in!  Mine will be the middle of next week by the looks of it.  Weather isn't looking great, but I'm on hols... I could still spend my days just staring at it  :008:

Offline trythat

• S1000R Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
Good luck, hope you get a bit of riding in!  Mine will be the middle of next week by the looks of it.  Weather isn't looking great, but I'm on hols... I could still spend my days just staring at it  :008:

Thank you, Apparently when they do hand over on a Sat you have to be there for 0800, as it so busy - bit particular if you ask me. I was told bike delivered to GLOS came in on a Thursday. The weather looks crap for next week, so might have to wait myself to get a decent ride in.

Offline subs_p

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 15 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »
Dealers always treat you like royalty until you sign on the dotted line. Then they treat you like an inconvenience.
CBF600N8 daily commuter
S1000R for sunny days

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor