Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coming from MT09  (Read 552 times)

Offline trythat

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: Black S1000R
Re: Coming from MT09
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 02:55:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonS1KR [+]
Iíve always dealt with Dick Lovett Motorrad in Bristol, just interested in what you thought of Cheltenham. I bought a car from Cheltenham a month ago and had a great experience. Very impressive showrooms with BMW, Mini and Motorrad all in one place.

Ah right. I did ask about 1st service cost, as I saw on here there seems to be quite a difference between dealers, but he didn't know exactly. When I pick the bike up, I think I'll insist on a qoute so I can see if it's worth coming down to Bristol.

Offline trythat

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
I have and recommend the evotech  rad guards.
I have the GB racing engine protectors. Look good. There are other options that cover less but are interesting such as the one from bmw that covers only the lower corner.
I have R&G bungs. Kinda stick out a lot and not sure how they would work in a slide but for simple drops look like they will do the job.

I did do a quick search on here before buying the bike, and saw Evotech was recommended quite a bit, and TBH for the 2 guards not a bad price.  Same regarding the  engine covers, plus it looks as though I can remove the white writing from the GB covers. Not sure about bungs though.

Going to look at tail tidy's next, can't stand the legal ones that have to go past the rear tyre, I like to show off as much of the rear tyre as possible  :001:

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17íS1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
 :400: congrats on your new Sk1R.  I would like to hear a comparison between your previous MT09 and your new bike.  I have Evotech rad/oil guards on my ride and they look clean.  Hard to see them in the pic but here they are.

17íS1KR

Offline trythat

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 06:33:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by MA413 [+]
:400: congrats on your new Sk1R.  I would like to hear a comparison between your previous MT09 and your new bike.  I have Evotech rad/oil guards on my ride and they look clean.  Hard to see them in the pic but here they are.

I'll try and do something after I've run it in. Hopefully we'll have enough good weather here in the UK to get it run in. I don't like either the cold or rain  :002:

Regarding Rad Guards, I think I'm going with this person http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=302921039167&category=177984&pm=1&ds=0&t=1555679337000&ver=0 Made in the UK, very cheap and looking at his Youtube looks dead easy to fit. Nice and plain as well.

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17íS1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »
I like those screens and you canít beat that price.  Nice find!
17íS1KR

Offline trythat

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by MA413 [+]
I like those screens and you canít beat that price.  Nice find!

Found the link on here, thats why I always join a forum if I can for either my car or bike, there is nearly always a nugget to be found plus nearly every question has been asked and answered, if you're prepared to do some reading and using the search function, worth registering just for the search function.

Soon as my registration for my bike is through I'm going to order them.

Offline mad ad

• S1000R Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
His mine done with a few extras I had done when I got it, you can see what it looks like

https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,7689.0.html

Offline trythat

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by mad ad [+]
His mine done with a few extras I had done when I got it, you can see what it looks like

https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,7689.0.html

Nice, I did have a look at your thread. I like the tail tidy, not had a look at the Evotech site yet to see how hard it is to fit, did you find it hard to fit?
Also what lever's are those?

Offline mad ad

• S1000R Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by trythat [+]
Nice, I did have a look at your thread. I like the tail tidy, not had a look at the Evotech site yet to see how hard it is to fit, did you find it hard to fit?
Also what lever's are those?

The tidy is easy to fit, I followed the instructions they sent with it. Just take your time and check it twice, it was a case of disconnecting the light and indicators, unbolt from the bottom and reconnect in the reverse order.

The levers are Pazzo levers. Well made and good fit, you get the torque key to undo the switch lever for the quick shift and cruise control micro switches.

Recent Posts/Topics