Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How bad is the headshake?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline hammeresole

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Sebastopol, CA
Re: How bad is the headshake?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »
It was annoying enough for me to upgrade the steering damper. I went with the HyperPro RSC and have absolutely no regrets. The bike is much more planted in fast sweepers and is rock solid at high speed. It almost feels like it is tracking a slot in the road. Before the damper, at about 120ish it was very vague and you were definitely along for the ride, not really commanding the thing. It never really amounted to "death wobble", but it was enough to distract from the road and demand adjustment or to otherwise manage the situation to end the wobble, instead of simply controlling the path of the machine. Best money I've spent on the bike besides the Wunderlich seats.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:49:43 AM by hammeresole »

Offline NinjaBlade

• S1000R Member
  • Life on two wheels is better.
  • Bike: 2016 S1000R
  • City / Town: Johannesburg
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darkarcher [+]
Well just how bad is it?  I don't want to baby the thing in fear of head shake.....
Got it on mine from 180-220km/h, depends on how you hold onto the Handle bars. I think suspension setup can also play a role and maybe weight.
Live life on two wheels. It will last longer

Offline TrenS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: Cape Town
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 06:43:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by NinjaBlade [+]
Got it on mine from 180-220km/h, depends on how you hold onto the Handle bars. I think suspension setup can also play a role and maybe weight.

And your riding position, if you're tucked in more over the handle bar, there is more weight on the front which will aid in stopping/preventing tank slapping

Recent Posts/Topics