Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 4 years 25000 miles  (Read 2100 times)

Offline CraigA

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Sunshine Coast
Re: 4 years 25000 miles
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 03:17:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by subs_p [+]
That is incredible - can you please elaborate on this tensioner thing? What does it do, when would an S1kR need it and wheres the best place to get one?
You can buy a few different tensioners online.
I bought mine directly from Socalmotowerks, but APE make one that is popular and cheaper.
I liked the service that Socal Motowerks provided when I enquired via email, and also appreciated the fact that they went to the trouble of making an installation video so that any semi competent DIYer could attempt installation successfully at home. I figured if I had an issue with the installation or the product they'd be more likely to help me out
http://www.southerncaliforniamotowerks.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:36:37 AM by CraigA »

Offline accident

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: midlands
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »
yup i fitted the manual tensioner at about 10 k because i just couldn't stand the noise any more.

as for finance deals i don't do that.
i pay with money i have saved or i do without(an exception being if 0% is offered ill take it)

would i have another s1000?
yes is the short answer.
mt10 is ticking my boxes at the moment and I'm not missing old rattler(s1000)
brake fluid reservoir is fixed and isn't a bobblehead :)

Offline subs_p

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 15 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2019, 02:06:43 AM »
Thanks for that info guys, appreciate it! Mines done 10k miles but as soon as I hear any rattling the tensioner is going on..

I too swore off finance deals. Hate owing money - mortgage aside, theres not really anything else worth borrowing money for.
I once told an Audi car salesman that I thought PCP deals were invented by the devil and he tried to explain it away in so many words..its amazing how convincing their arguments can be but if you do some fairly simple maths you can see what lies they tell..but the bottom line is, you pay through the nose for depreciation, youre limited on mileage and modifications, and when you hand it back the dealer makes a second profit off you reselling it. They do such a good job of pretending to be your friend but if you had a heart attack while in the showroom I wouldnt be surprised if they emptied your wallet before calling the ambulance - and this is all vehicle salespeople.
CBF600N8 daily commuter
S1000R for sunny days

Online Airsafari87

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by subs_p [+]
if you had a heart attack while in the showroom I wouldnt be surprised if they emptied your wallet before calling the ambulance - and this is all vehicle salespeople.

Where do you buy your tinfoil hats from?

Offline Ruin

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2019 S1000R
  • City / Town: Dorset
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
I must say Ive used the same BMW dealer for years and they have been brilliant, always helpful, always a free coffee and even a free cake occasionally, always offered a bike while mine is in with them... cant fault them so far
I guess it depends who you use as Ive spoken to people that ride past two other dealers to go to the one I use

Offline subs_p

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 15 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Airsafari87 [+]
Where do you buy your tinfoil hats from?

I must admit, those I finance from Mercedes Benz - really good PCP deal, after three years when you give your old hat back they give you a free slap in the face as hard as they can..

But seriously, Ive literally never had a good experience with any vehicle dealers ever so youll have to forgive me for being..pessimistic. Theyre all sweeter than honey..until you sign, then its all excuses and bs..and Ive had it from BMW, Mercedes, Audi..a shiny showroom does not a decent dealer make.
CBF600N8 daily commuter
S1000R for sunny days

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 12:22:13 AM »
I've encountered several good (some even excellent) new car dealers that had good post sales service and seemed to understand the value of repeat customers, but there are many that are less than stellar (the salespeople anyway) in terms of actually caring after a sale is signed. The worst have been motorcycle dealers---worst by far. I've been encouraged so far by Morton's BMW :)

Recent Posts/Topics