Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ASC light permanently on  (Read 247 times)

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
ASC light permanently on
« on: July 07, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »
Well fellow S1R riders - am currently in the Isle of Man - second day, super weather , great riding. Set off and as normal ABS/ASC light on dash flash as normal as they set themselves.

ABS light goes out, ASC stays on solid (fault or off)

Tried resetting using the instructions in the handbook but only the ABS will turn on or off.

ASC light just fixed permanently.

Tried a battery disconnect as a last gasp but no joy - Theres a dealer on the island so going there first thing.

Anyone else had this issue - bike rides fine and everything else works except I assume traction control.

Any tips welcome - all rather poo in terms of holiday fun !

Cheers 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:13:53 PM by nrthrnbkr »

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
Re: ASC light permanently on
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:36:47 PM »
I had it happen to me. Ended up with one of the two wires going to the front wheel speed sensor broken. It broke right where it bends back and forth when the front end moves.
Try giving both front and rear wheel speed sensors and rings a good visual inspection...
A GS 911 diagnostic tool would be handy to have in this situation.
Hope you get it fixed quickly, let us know what they find.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:37:46 PM by Zig Zag »
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
To cut a long story short DO NOT break down on the Isle Of Man on a BM - the franchised Motorrad dealer has NO tech/mechanic - after waiting 1.5 hours when they didnt open on time , it transpired they had NO cover - bad news - anyhow went for a very quick ride on the TT circuit and it reset ! Fingers crossed and 200 miles later (around the lovely IoM) all is well. Thanks Zig for the feedback.

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:42:03 PM »
Glad it worked itself out!
Hope you have a blast, I will make it there someday. :821:
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor