Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quickshifter stopped working on my 2014  (Read 356 times)

Offline commadore

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Quickshifter stopped working on my 2014
« on: June 30, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
I've checked the microswitches, had them off the bike, both cause a change in resistance (1 to 0 ohms) so they work.
The switches engage correctly under the clutch from what I can see.

I Taped over one, then the other, then both so see if that would help.
I removed the switches completely to see if that would work.

So far I've come up empty. It doesn't seem to be the switches.

Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the problem? Maybe test the pressure sensor on the shift rod?

Offline Avgas

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: K47
  • City / Town: Orlando, FL
Re: Quickshifter stopped working on my 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 01:18:34 AM »
I had my quickshifter stop working as well, and the switches checked out good. The problem went away on its own, but I would try unplugging the battery for about 1 hour to reset the ECU, if the problem persists, look for any trouble codes using a diagnostic tool.

Offline commadore

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:19:45 AM »
Tried battery removal, no joy.

Got my ODB-II out with the MotoScan app (for android). There is an error code on the throttle, which suggests this could be solved with an adaptations reset.
The app doesn't do that :( I emailed the developers and they said it will do it next year. So that's good news that we don't all need to buy the GS-911.

For now, looks like I'll have to find a bike shop with one.

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
Mine did the same. Everything checked out fine and even the GS-911 revealed no codes. The following day I went for a ride and it all was well, I can only wish you the same.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
I have a separate post up where the ASC light came on - couldnt get it re-set but went for a ride and it re-set itself. I think sometimes the electronics can get muddled. There have been earlier threads on the quickshifter issues and the fixes included a dealer reset.

Recent Posts/Topics