Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash Bobbins.  (Read 538 times)

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Berkshire
Crash Bobbins.
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:14 PM »
Bought some crash bobbins from Crash Bobbins.com and found the alloy spacer hits the fairing. Have mailed the company and they say that the fairing could be slightly misaligned  which Ive checked and found  even after loosening the screws it doesn't move enough for the spacers to clear. Have any of you fitted these or any make and found the same issue? The only way I can see is to file a half round slot in fairing which I don't want to do.  It may be that or send them back!

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: Crash Bobbins.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
Unfortunately it sounds like you need to send them back and buy one of the no drill options (Evotech, R & G etc)

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:11:00 PM »
Well, In their reply they say they make their spacers the same dimensions as R&G and Evotech but that R&G's are in stainless steel.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:24:00 AM »
All I can tell you is that the Evotech and R&G options seem to fit whereas yours dont. I have Evotechs myself and they definitely dont require any modification of the fairings as they come with a big bolt on bracket to align the bung with one of the fairing holes. Theres also T-Rex of course, but Im not sure how economically available they are outside the US.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 08:58:53 AM »
Ok, thanks for your help Simon, I'll have to think about which way to go now.

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r Sport.
  • City / Town: West Mids.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »
Fitted my R&G's last week and the spacer on the R/H side has a groove in it to clear the fairing, I'd send em back if I were you.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Perbunan [+]
Fitted my R&G's last week and the spacer on the R/H side has a groove in it to clear the fairing, I'd send em back if I were you.

Thanks mate, yep, their going back!

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
 :430:  well, after further inspection and effort I managed to fit the bobbins after all!  I originally hadn't loosened ALL the screws which I later found and this enabled me to move the panels enough to fit the spacers and although one side just touches the panel it's not stressed. I thought it only fair to Crashbobbins.com to own up on here that it was my mistake and not theirs as I don't want to slate a manufacturer unfairly!  So I have to say,  :431: I was Wrong!

Recent Posts/Topics