Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trackers?  (Read 223 times)

Online subs_p

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 15 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
Trackers?
« on: June 11, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
It sucks that this is the case but I havenít even taken delivery of my bike and Iím already worried about it getting stolen..I live in (North) London so Iím looking to get the best possible tracker installed - also Iím very new so apologies if this has already been asked but does this forum recommend any particular company? Iím also investing in a Protector chain and ground anchor for when itís at home. Thanks in advance for the help!
CBF600N8 daily commuter
S1000R for sunny days

Offline mad ad

• S1000R Member
Re: Trackers?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
These guys are who you want to talk to about chains and ground anchors. some of the best in the business. very good, give them a call the main guy Alex knows his stuff. they cannot be cut with manual bolt cutters (tested with 42" bolt cutters), some good videos on the website too showing this. http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/wall-of-shame some shocking videos really of how easy it is to cut the chains on some of the main stream chains that are sold with so much hype.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

unfortunately if they want it they will get it, all you can do is make it as hard as possible so they go else where.

Trackers I cannot comment on. but another option from Protector chain above
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:27:25 AM by mad ad »

Online subs_p

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 15 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »
I already have a Pragmasis chain from https://securityforbikes.com/security-chains.php its extremely heavy and reassuring. What is best for when you're out and about? Disc locks don't stop thieves lifting the bike into a van..trackers are just in case they do.. :187:
CBF600N8 daily commuter
S1000R for sunny days

Offline starpower

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »
I like and use a loud disc lock that is motion activated and a second one that is not so the bike must be carried while it is screaming loud enough to wake the dead.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r Sport.
  • City / Town: West Mids.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »
As the BMW alarm is a £300 add-on I went for the approved data-tool tracker fitted by the dealer and costs roughly about the same plus a subscription, and then fitted my own aftermarket alarm which seems to be as good as other BMW alarm systems I've had in the past. Keeps the insurance down a bit too.

Recent Posts/Topics