Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED's on license plate  (Read 551 times)

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: LED's on license plate
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »
Great news  :028:

Now itíll be interesting to see whether your post LEDs last longer than my second Evotech LED unit...

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r Sport.
  • City / Town: West Mids.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
LOL, I've now got a spare if you need it  :038:

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Berkshire
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 08:38:58 AM »
Hi, I'm expecting my Evo tail tidy to arrive today and just wondered if before I start unplugging wires I should be aware of anything?  Ive watched the YouTube how to's and no one mentions taking fuses out or disconnecting batt!  Only had my 2018 sport 1 week and don't want to screw anything up.  Also I see what I assume is the alarm under pillion seat, salesman didn't mention how to use it at all and I don't know anything about them!  Cheers

Offline mad ad

• S1000R Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
As a safety aspect I would disconnect the battery when doing any wiring on any vehicle first, snipping wire and blowing fuses would be another thing to sort out, when simply removing the seat and disconnecting battery would take a couple of mins max.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by mad ad [+]
As a safety aspect I would disconnect the battery when doing any wiring on any vehicle first, snipping wire and blowing fuses would be another thing to sort out, when simply removing the seat and disconnecting battery would take a couple of mins max.

Thanks mate! This is what I've always thought, just odd no one mentioned it on the how-to's!  As long as disconnecting batt. doesn't cause any dramas electrically when re connecting!

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 05:46:01 PM »
Didn't disconnect mine, just left the ignition off. It's a straightforward job, the indicators unplug under the pillion seat and can be fed out from under the seat but the number plate light needs to be cut and reconnected using supplied bullet connectors- test polarity first before making permanent.
The alarm is a simple on/off job but you can disable the chirp.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 05:54:37 PM »
Cheers!   Just come in from garage having done this job! Got back from walking the dog and the tail tidy was here, spent too much time figuring out how the big white socket comes off the little plastic frame only to find I didn't need to! Anyway, first bit of work on my new toy all done and looking good! Waiting for crash bobbins and gb racing covers to arrive now.

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 08:09:45 PM »
Get yourself some Evotech rad and oil cooler covers asap they will give you a discount code if you ask nicely as they are prone to stone damage being exposed.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Perbunan [+]
Get yourself some Evotech rad and oil cooler covers asap they will give you a discount code if you ask nicely as they are prone to stone damage being exposed.

Would have but the bike came with them already fitted so a bit of luck there!

Offline Perbunan

• S1000R Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:36 AM »
Can't complain at that then  :002:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor