Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newbie from the heart of rural england  (Read 559 times)

Offline Its Not A Race

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
Newbie from the heart of rural england
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »
Hi, actually bought my red S1000R sport in November after my MV Agusta Brutale was stolen. BMW goes like stink and is an easier ride that the Brutale but we are still bonding as its just not an MV. It came down to a choice of the BMW or Aprila Tuono Factory but the BMW was easier on the pocket.

Think I will fit a tail tidy and get some adjustable levers (clutch is too big a reach to be comfortable for me), maybe some bar end mirrors. Any recommendations welcome.

Already done about 1500 miles even though I am a fair weather pleasure rider. I am told it sounds awesome by friends on group rides!

Offline VARRAKK

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R '18
  • City / Town: Malm
Re: Newbie from the heart of rural england
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 08:01:58 AM »
Welcome to the family!

If you are going to commute on the bike w/filtering in traffic.
Bar end mirrors tends to be in the same height as most car mirrors.

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • any day on 2 wheels is a good day
  • Bike: 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
 :400: Enjoy your new bike. Test rode the Tuono a year after I bought the BMW. Absolutely loved it! Still thinking about it... I recently installed Rizoma retro bar end mirrors. A little pricey but a nice quality piece of kit. I like them. Can also be installed inwards (preserving width) or beneath the bars if you prefer. Lots of threads on aftermarket levers... opinions and experiences. I am currently running Gilles Tooling which I much prefer over the Pazzos I had. No shortage of options out there. Good luck !

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:28:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hooligan [+]
:400: Enjoy your new bike. Test rode the Tuono a year after I bought the BMW. Absolutely loved it! Still thinking about it... I recently installed Rizoma retro bar end mirrors. A little pricey but a nice quality piece of kit. I like them. Can also be installed inwards (preserving width) or beneath the bars if you prefer. Lots of threads on aftermarket levers... opinions and experiences. I am currently running Gilles Tooling which I much prefer over the Pazzos I had. No shortage of options out there. Good luck !

Looking at bar end mirrors myself, noticed you said you can fit them under the bars, do ou know if they hit the tank?  Cheers. Steve

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 01:09:48 AM »
 :400: hope your digging the new bike.  I have CRG ARROW mirrors paired with Rhino-MOTO bar ends and there nice.  I also have  RIZOMA clutch and brake levers which I like very much but price on them blows. Here is a picture I dug up for point of reference.

17S1KR

Recent Posts/Topics