Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Yellow / high-intensity fog light  (Read 308 times)

Offline Lavaspit

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Yellow / high-intensity fog light
« on: May 20, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »
Iím pretty sure Iíve asked this before in some manner- but has any anyone swapped their bulb in the hi-beam / fog light?  I use my high beam a lot - every time I cross an intersection - to try and up my odds on surviving people turning left in front of me (US).  I also think yellow would look great - I like how they look on GS.  Iím sure there are some electrical considerations because itís internal, but does anytime know about this?  You really want to blind people in this city.  Trust me.

I see clot shields and these things for the RR, but not a lot of legit parts for the R: 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS733US733&hl=en-US&ei=N7PiXNHiKNHS_wSH-oyoBg&q=bme+s1000r+yellow+high+beam&oq=bme+s1000r+yellow+high+beam&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12..30i10.2916.10068..12232...0.0..0.101.953.10j1......0....1.c7GHX9pi_mg#imgrc=_yNkPiHcpIAfQM:

I guess Iím down with a yellow shield and a brighter bulb but Iím thinking a yellow fog light is an old BMW chestnut, so there must be something real - by Motoraad or Rizoma, etc.

Offline Lavaspit

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: San Francisco
LED bulb type
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »
Answer from Motovation:

In my experience HID and LED lights have ballasts and control units that overhead and fail (Along with being Bulky on the bike).

The Extreme White plus headlights have super crisp white light and they just drop into your housing like your OEM one.

You'll have to check which headlight bulb you have on your bike.

I think you have an H7 bulb but I can't be sure.

https://www.motovationusa.com/piaa-h7-xtreme-white-plus-headlight-bulb-70755.html

Do I have an H7 bulb?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:53:53 AM by Lavaspit »

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: LED bulb type
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 01:23:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Lavaspit [+]
Answer from Motovation:

In my experience HID and LED lights have ballasts and control units that overhead and fail (Along with being Bulky on the bike).

The Extreme White plus headlights have super crisp white light and they just drop into your housing like your OEM one.

You'll have to check which headlight bulb you have on your bike.

I think you have an H7 bulb but I can't be sure.

https://www.motovationusa.com/piaa-h7-xtreme-white-plus-headlight-bulb-70755.html

Do I have an H7 bulb?

Thanks

Yes, we have a H7 in the low beam and a HB3/9005 for the high beam. It is interesting his thoughts on HIDs, I have had HIDs on my bike since 2005. In fact, I think one of the ballast bulb combos I had in my K13S(now sold) had been running trouble free for 11 years(originally in a R12GS, then K12S , then K13S - totalling probably 65,000 miles)

Recent Posts/Topics